L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

"One thing I do know is that the bench looks stronger. From the bench I can change the game."

wow, amazing - he's clearly not even lying here

here really changed shit up against arsenal

twat

He did though, he brought on Obertan and he played well and nearly set up the winner for Cabaye.

"One thing I do know is that the bench looks stronger. From the bench I can change the game."

twat

He did though, he brought on Obertan and he played well and nearly set up the winner for Cabaye.

Doesn't particularly inspire me that the way he changed it was to bin his own new star striker and Carroll replacement after 45 minutes for being shite.

twat

Doesn't particularly inspire me that the way he changed it was to bin his own new star striker and Carroll replacement after 45 minutes for being shite.

:sadnod:

the arsenal point wasn't about the change he made, it was about the change he didn't make

sad that needs explaining really

twat

the arsenal point wasn't about the change he made, it was about the change he didn't make

It isn't about who he brought off, why should that matter? He recognised that the 4-4-2 wasn't working and the strikers were isolated, so he brought one of them off and added Obertan to link the attacks a bit more.

Maybe he should have brought Shola off, I would have done, but he made a good change FFS.

I don't know what you mean about the "change he didn't make", sorry.

twat

It isn't about who he brought off, why should that matter? He recognised that the 4-4-2 wasn't working and the strikers were isolated, so he brought one of them off and added Obertan to link the attacks a bit more.

Maybe he should have brought Shola off, I would have done, but he made a good change FFS.

shola was the change he didn't make, nothing untoward - i prefer giving yourself a chance to win in football, just me mind

twat

They weren't so much 'isolated' as 'crap'.

Always thought substitutions are overstated as part of a manager's matchday duties. He should be getting it right from the off, that includes buying the right players to go into the match with.

twat

shola was the change he didn't make, nothing untoward - i prefer giving yourself a chance to win in football, just me mind

Can you not just respond without the heavy sarcasm? It's borderline at best whether Ba or Shola coming off would give us the best chance to win. I've already said I would have brought Shola off, but to pretend it's clear cut is stupid.

Fair enough, I was just responding to the point that he couldn't change the game from the bench, something that he clearly did do.

he fucking picked shola to start man, minutes in it was clear it was an awful decision yet he takes off his own signing ba - laughable man

stooge, puppet, fuckwit imo

Fair enough, I was just responding to the point that he couldn't change the game from the bench, something that he clearly did do.

he fucking picked shola to start man, minutes in it was clear it was an awful decision yet he takes off his own signing ba - laughable man

See my post above. And go easy on the drink, it's only just after five.

Can you not just respond without the heavy sarcasm? It's borderline at best whether Ba or Shola coming off would give us the best chance to win. I've already said I would have brought Shola off, but to pretend it's clear cut is stupid.

that was the least sarcastic thing i posted man, to me from the moment the game started it was cleat cut shola was the wrong choice - said it at the time and repeatedly as he fucked every single thing he tried up

dunno man, don't know what you want me to say? the "apologists" tell me i have to accept ba as a real signing rather than a 10m signing...if ba had cost us 10, 15, 20m would anyone accept shola ahead of him?

He's in my time zone man :lol:

not where i am

dunno man, don't know what you want me to say? the "apologists" tell me i have to accept ba as a real signing rather than a 10m signing...if ba had cost us 10, 15, 20m would anyone accept shola ahead of him?

Very interesting question.