Scunthorpe 1 - 2 Newcastle (AET - CC) - 25/08/11 - post-match reaction from pg66

Dave

Great goal then, was good enought when I thought he was a righty.

It was a cracker and you could tell he's a leftie when he tried to take a chance with his left at the other end in the 1st period of extra time with his left foot when using his right would hve been easier.

Takes me ages to notice stuff like that :lol:

Also very good sign that he was even prepared to have a crack, much better players have just tried to get back on their stronger foot.

His brother always tries to shift it onto his weaker foot i find like.

Which one of Shola's left feet do you mean ?  :lol:

He He.

Just watch him when he gets  run on a goal he always tries to cut back on the defender onto his left foot and loses control.

Oh aye, and then falls over :D

Indeed.

What time is the draw?

meesjSarah-Jane Mee

Getting ready for #CarlingCup draw on SSN12.30 - 32 teams - my glamorous assistants Alan McInally and Phil Thompson will be picking them.

Was harping on about him looking severely one-footed during the match. Couldn't believe it when he pegged that one in with his right; such confidence.

That part where he was shunted out left, had about three Scunny players hounding him with the ball seeming certain to end up with one of their's. Right tangle of legs. Somehow he managed to scramble it away and get a cross in. Really impressive (if a touch fortuitous).