Away day Tales!

Christmas Tree

Anyone got any funny / interesting stories from away games?

I remember me and a mat went to watch us beat Sheffield at Old Trafford in the cup. Got there nice and early and parked the car up in the first car park we came across offering match day parking. We had also decided that it would be fun to buy and wear two massive magpie hats. Look a bit like beefeater jobs.

Anyway the game finished and thousands of toon fans pored out the ground and marched and sang up towards the main road. At the T Junction, thousands of fans turned right to pick up coaches , parking etc..... 2 turned left and had to endure a half mile solitary walk through thousands of Sheffield fans, coaches and mini buses. Luckilly I think they saw the two magpie hats and thought we were a tad special.  :lol:

On another occasion, me and the same mate were very pissed in London on our way to the final against Arsenal.....wearing our magpie hats. We ran across this tube station and dived on a tube. As the doors shut we realised that it was entirely full of Arsenal fans. Without a thought my mat started singing "stand up, if you hate Man U" to which the entire section of the train, laughed and joined in.

Looking forward to hearing others stories. (Please stick in the right thread if one already exists)

Anyone got any funny / interesting stories from away games?

I remember me and a mat went to watch us beat Sheffield at Old Trafford in the cup. Got there nice and early and parked the car up in the first car park we came across offering match day parking. We had also decided that it would be fun to buy and wear two massive magpie hats. Look a bit like beefeater jobs.

Anyway the game finished and thousands of toon fans pored out the ground and marched and sang up towards the main road. At the T Junction, thousands of fans turned right to pick up coaches , parking etc..... 2 turned left and had to endure a half mile solitary walk through thousands of Sheffield fans, coaches and mini buses. Luckilly I think they saw the two magpie hats and thought we were a tad special.  :lol:

On another occasion, me and the same mate were very p*ssed in London on our way to the final against Arsenal.....wearing our magpie hats. We ran across this tube station and dived on a tube. As the doors shut we realised that it was entirely full of Arsenal fans. Without a thought my mat started singing "stand up, if you hate Man U" to which the entire section of the train, laughed and joined in.

Looking forward to hearing others stories. (Please stick in the right thread if one already exists)

Brilliant.

We got pickled on super strength lager at Inter Milan. One lad was convinced he'd been pick pocketed and had lost his wallet. He rang his lass to cancel all his cards..only to return to the hotel after the game to discover said wallet in his bag.