First 11

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes.

We should always try to get better, results are going well but there's always room for improvement in any team and if the manager feels a certain player will do better than someone in his spot then he should replace him.

Guest firetotheworks

Defensive players, generally don't change the players unless the defensive performances have been against poorer opposition.

Attacking players, yes anything goes.

I'd have Santon back in the side as soon as he is fit. Whilst Ryan Taylor has proven to people that he is a useful squad member and has filled the gap relatively well, the full-backs are clearly a weak link in the side. On several occasions he's looked uncomfortable, particularly when being run at with pace, and he was guilty for the goal at the weekend. Santon, at the very least, has more pace.

From an attacking perspective; with Cabaye and Tiote obvious starters, in an ideal world Ba, Best, HBA, Jonas and Marveaux would all start in the same side too. But Obertan has been a major part of the side, even though i don't particularly rate him.

It's going to be a challenge to Pardew, but i'd have no issue with him bumping the likes of Obertan or Best for the likes of HBA or Marveaux. The international break could revert everything back to zero form-wise, anyway. Some changes after that two-week period could keep us fresh and unpredictable.

If a team is winning and performing well it's upto the players involved to slip up before those on the bench get their chance. Hatem Ben Arfa may get a few sub appearences as a result of this, but so f***. As great a player he is, he has to bide his time and wait until the chance is there, and take it. Best had to. What message does it send out to your squad/entire club if you pick players based on ability or on paper? What matters is that we're winning games, not Ben Arfa is scoring/creating the goals.

The above is my take on it. i think you have to repay players' performances by giving them the opportunity to keep playing.