NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Can de Jong play upfront?

Think he could, but would be better in the number 10 role

Basically sums him up, his style is a lot like Rooney's he can be the lone striker but honestly is best behind the main striker threading passes through to the main striker and has very good off the ball movement.

Not sure if the link to him is legit or not but out of all the names left i think i'd prefer him out of the lot.

Although he's not the player Pardew described when he talked about power, pace and threat from corners.

Is there actually anyone that can do that job? And what is it really Pards want, I'm still not sure. I'm actually thinking he wants to play a flat 442 and keep HBA at bay on the wing, which is kinda ludacris imo.

Remy, Aubameyang and Gomis are all those things tbh, although Aubameyang and Remy are move about movement and spring while Gomis is about strength and dominance.

Only difference being Gomis is simply incapable of playing out wide because he lacks ability on the ball in comparison, i personally would go a different route and go for De Jong personally.

All the other links don't inspire we confidence while De Jong would at least excite me in what he would bring to the team.

Guest Slippery Sam

Ince is available for £6m, I'd rather we took a gamble on him than looking at Gomis.

Pardew was at Blackpool tonight.

Stag do?

True story KDT, I'm so friggin amazed we still haven't got into Zaha and Ince, I really don't care if we actually "miss" out, but we're not even in the friggin mix. It just hurts everywhere to see that we're not even trying.

Ince is available for £6m, I'd rather we took a gamble on him than looking at Gomis.

Pardew was at Blackpool tonight.

Someone needs to tell him that Marlon Harewood has moved on...

Guest Slippery Sam

True story KDT, I'm so friggin amazed we still haven't got into Zaha and Ince, I really don't care if we actually "miss" out, but we're not even in the friggin mix. It just hurts everywhere to see that we're not even trying.

I just don't get the Ince hype.  Blackpool have been on the telly loads over the last year or so and he always struck me as being the classic over-hyped English player (even more so by the media, due to who his father is). It will be interesting to see how he progresses/developes in the coming years. 

If Ashley was really serious about backing Pards and getting us out of this miss while giving us a platform to build from for next year then we could do a lot worse than looking at Ince.

Especially if we are looking at De Jong as it would open up a wide spot, not to mention he can actually take people on so we probably wouldn't miss Hatem as much as we do at the moment.

I would have much more confidence in Ince providing what Hatem provides than Obertan, Jonas etc etc obviously.

IF it allowed us to create enough chances, I'd rather we played 4-4-2.

This to be honest, I hate 4-4-2 because pardew can't get his players to play in it without smashing the ball 40yards but right now, anything that helps us stay up will do. Plus if we could actually sign De Jong, he could play off Cisse and help the midfield link to Cisse.

I don't think Fat Mike will do shit, he must be retarded or something if he actually recruits 3-4 players (quality or not) in the January window.

What about recruiting when you actually are on a good way like in the summer? ... kinda tired of it all :(

Just on another note ...

The bids for the likes of Thauvin and Haidara are very interesting.

It seems there really is a push to revamp the second team/squad with youngsters who actually have experience, having broken into first teams for smaller clubs, rather than the likes of Abeid and Vukic who had promise but hadn't really achieved much yet.

In a sense we seem to be going after more youngsters in the mould of Bassong, who despite being young, had a lot more experience of first team football at the time, and was able to contribute when called upon, rather than look as out of place as some of our current younger crop have.

Think it's a fantastic idea.

KaKa: but is revamping the second squad anything you should do in the January window? Not really.

Ketsbaia: look above, major overhaul in January? Does this really get us anywhere; ref. Remy. Again, not really.

Ince

De Jong

Mbiwa

Sissokho

Would be perfect.  between Sissokho and De Jong we would get what we have been sorely missing through the centre. Still think we are weak up front though. But could limp on with that.

The plus point of the past 48 hours is that I am so dejected now signing anyone would be a fucking glorious surprise.

Just on another note ...

The bids for the likes of Thauvin and Haidara are very interesting.

It seems there really is a push to revamp the second team/squad with youngsters who actually have experience, having broken into first teams for smaller clubs, rather than the likes of Abeid and Vukic who had promise but hadn't really achieved much yet.

In a sense we seem to be going after more youngsters in the mould of Bassong, who despite being young, had a lot more experience of first team football at the time, and was able to contribute when called upon, rather than look as out of place as some of our current younger crop have.

Think it's a fantastic idea.

It is, If it happens. I would really like us to take a look into how we are failing these younger players though. Either our youth coaching or scouting setup is wrong and needs fixing.

Any good club should be able to do both.

Guest bimpy474

Can't see how we could get Ince tbh. Surely Liverpool would just do what QPR have done to us with Remy?

Guess our best card would be starting games rather than being on the bench.

Can't see how we could get Ince tbh. Surely Liverpool would just do what QPR have done to us with Remy?

True, depends how he feels about them dumping him in the first place.

We sorely, sorely need someone of the complimentary quality of HBA for that left hand side though.

Liverpool actually have a budget to keep, albeit higher than ours. But I can't see Fat Mike splashing anything, he's expecting to get stars for £3 mill a piece, not gonna happen.

I like M'Biwa, but I'd take Sakho too (whom we have been linked with previously, although not sure if he's actually interested in leaving PSG atm.), if not I'd still take Alderweireld.

On that list TTM, you're still missing a striker and I think it's essential that we get one in. But as said previously, I'd like us to get a combo-wide guy which means he would need to have pace. Unfortunately alot of the guys with pace don't actually have finishing skillz, and the ones that actually possesses both costs a fortune.

For those that are pessimistic about this window, it must be encouraging that we've set up in that hotel for the month. We're not doing that just to target 2 or 3 players, we seem to be going for a major overhaul.

We've only signed 1 player in 15 days and he probably didn't see the insides of that hotel room  :undecided: