NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

At the end of the day our hierarchy will have to accept paying over the odds for a few players this window, that is if they are serious about reinforcing the squad. It’s due to their poor planning over the summer that we are here in the first place.

I don't believe they will ever accept paying over the odds for players. They'd rather just not reinforce, or get younger players in and hope that someone steps up.

I'm wondering if they are willing to gamble the stupidly large amount of money the premier league teams will be getting next season.

The answer is probably yes.

In that case Ashley is even more stupid then I ever can imagine and I really start to wounder how the hell he has got so much money if he thinks like he does.

The first real question is why the hell is he not using more football people?

I am quite confident we will get people in to "improve" the team. The distinction will be whether or not the board will spend for the necessary quality. Even in 2009, we went out and bought players in Nolan and Taylor, but they are ones that simply weren't good enough. It is encouraging that the team was on the verge of spending 10 million euro on a player of Remy's pedigree. If you expected us to compete with QPR in terms of finances and desperation, I don't know what to tell you. We should be thankful they left us so much time. Hopefully, we have the flexibility to move targets.

At the end of the day our hierarchy will have to accept paying over the odds for a few players this window, that is if they are serious about reinforcing the squad. It’s due to their poor planning over the summer that we are here in the first place.

I don't believe they will ever accept paying over the odds for players. They'd rather just not reinforce, or get younger players in and hope that someone steps up.

I'm wondering if they are willing to gamble the stupidly large amount of money the premier league teams will be getting next season.

In that case Ashley is even more stupid then I ever can imagine and I really start to wounder how the hell he has got so much money if he thinks like he does.

The first real question is why the hell is he not using more football people?

You don't need football people to tell you that going down will cost £50m+ a season. He knows this already. We are obviously trying to buy players, we were hours away from getting Remy.

I am quite confident we will get people in to "improve" the team. The distinction will be whether or not the board will spend for the necessary quality. Even in 2009, we went out and bought players in Nolan and Taylor, but they are ones that simply weren't good enough. It is encouraging that the team was on the verge of spending 10 million euro on a player of Remy's pedigree. If you expected us to compete with QPR in terms of finances and desperation, I don't know what to tell you. We should be thankful they left us so much time. Hopefully, we have the flexibility to move targets.

Spot on.

Why would they?

Just the way the thought process will probably pan out. We won't want to break our wage structure, won't pay more than what we think a player's worth, then will probably rationalise it by claiming our squad is more than good enough to survive (players returning from injury etc).

Really don't understand why we are looking at LB's, yes Santon could use some cover/competition but the desperate level that we need a CB or 2 and a forward or 2 should far out weigh any other position.

Cos we have a hard on for young french kids.

Really don't understand why we are looking at LB's, yes Santon could use some cover/competition but the desperate level that we need a CB or 2 and a forward or 2 should far out weigh any other position.

At this point, I'm pleased with any positive moves we make.

No issue with it at all as long as others areas are addressed. After all people have been complaining for quite some time about how we lack squad depth.

No issue with it at all as long as others areas are addressed. After all people have been complaining for quite some time about how we lack squad depth.

Aye but thats the issue isn't it? i really would not be surprised at all if the other areas are not addressed it happens in nearly every window.

I understand why people are pessimistic about bringing in players - we've been hurt by these so often before.

I genuinely think the situation is different this time. We've got in there early trying to wrap deals up and there seems to be an urgency. Maybe this will be another letdown but maybe the board are so scared of relegation that they'll finally do something. Their summer plan failed spectacularly and they've had a reality check.

I understand why people are pessimistic about bringing in players - we've been hurt by these so often before.

I genuinely think the situation is different this time. We've got in there early trying to wrap deals up and there seems to be an urgency. Maybe this will be another letdown but maybe the board are so scared of relegation that they'll finally do something. Their summer plan failed spectacularly and they've had a reality check.

Find it hard to believe. This board are very good at putting all their eggs in one basket then doing nothing when that fails.

I was feeling like that before the Remy f*ck up but now i don't know what to feel and quite frankly more than anything feel like we will be burnt once again.

Hope i'm wrong though.

TRANSFER LATEST

Nancy full-back Massadio Haidara says he wants to join Roma rather than Newcastle, according to talkSPORT.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to St James' Park, where he would join the growing French contingent under Alan Pardew.

But he says: "I would prefer to move to Roma as I like the Italian league more. Newcastle are a good team but I want to play in Italy. My agent has spoken to both teams, but I want to go to Italy."