NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest pont-toon

John Ferreira ‏@JohnFerreira92

Info @beinsport : #Newcastle oublie #Remy en faisant le forcing sur #Aubameyang et se place pour Yanga #Mbiwa

Yeah, thanks for that. You might as well have posted it in f***ing Martian.

Didnt he leave Sochaux and sign for Lille in the summer ?

The universe would implode on itself if we did.

Then we sign Andy Carroll on 31st Jan and everybody says its a bad window.

It would be shit considering he couldn't play for us until next season [/pointless accuracy]

It would be shit considering he couldn't play for us until next season [/pointless accuracy]

This topic has gotten really boring the past couple of days in particular. Seen it 3 or 4 separate times. :lol:

St Etienne are playing a semi-final tonight:

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

If #asse lose to #lille in League Cup semis tonight then just maybe #asse wld be more willing to listen to #Aubameyang offers

Guest bimpy474

That only counts on transfers and not loans i think. Not sure how it's applied in the Premiership though.

If you think of Tav last season, he played for Carlisle, Sheff Weds, Gateshead and MK Dons.

Guest bimpy474

Fabien Lévêque @FabLeveque

Bernard Caïazzo just trust me that @ Aubameyang7 not leave Newcastle falling on the January transfer window, even for € 15 million. # ASSELOSC

Andy Carroll will not leave 100% --- Alan Pardew.

Money talks. Whether we'll bid enough is another matter mind.

Guest Roger Kint

That only counts on transfers and not loans i think. Not sure how it's applied in the Premiership though.

If you think of Tav last season, he played for Carlisle, Sheff Weds, Gateshead and MK Dons.

Short term loans are different.

Guest bimpy474

Short term loans are different.

What would Carroll's loan be classed as. Short or long ?

I am quite confident we will get people in to "improve" the team. The distinction will be whether or not the board will spend for the necessary quality. Even in 2009, we went out and bought players in Nolan and Taylor, but they are ones that simply weren't good enough. It is encouraging that the team was on the verge of spending 10 million euro on a player of Remy's pedigree. If you expected us to compete with QPR in terms of finances and desperation, I don't know what to tell you. We should be thankful they left us so much time. Hopefully, we have the flexibility to move targets.

Spot on.

I remember this exact argument being made after we failed to get Luuk de Jong, in fact there are a lot of similarities to this Remy effort.

The fact that we were 'willing to spend that kind of money' didn't make any difference then, so I don't see it being any different now.

The fact they were willing to spend big on him suggests they clearly thought a lot of Remy. Even more disappointing tbh.

I'm not disputing that, just saying that the money earmarked for Remy probably won't go on someone else. Not in this window, anyway.