Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Don't understand why we weren't looking at loans like, gambling our entire season on the health of Colo and Williamson is crazy. Not gutted that we missed out on Mariappa as I know nothing about him, but we needed someone. If there are bigger and better targets earmarked for the summer then great, still no excuse for not getting someone on loan in the meantime though.

Colo going down would be a complete and utter disaster, at least with him there alongside Perch/Kadar we'd have some semblence of a chance of keeping it together.

I'm not too fussed about missing out on Mariappa per se, however going into the second half of the season without a third centre half is a massive gamble.

nailed it.

agree. dont know much about mbiwa...but from what people says it sounds like he would be an ideal signing thinking of the positions he could cover in an thin defence.

Those who are saying "I can see why we wouldn't want to waste £2m" do you not think we could get that back? We could still very realistically sign a quality centre back in the summer and sell the least effective for around the price we signed Mariappa at.

It's also based on the assertion that once Saylor is fit that Mariappa would drop down the pecking order. As fantastic as Saylor was for the first half of the season he clearly has fitness issues and is seemingly only ever a few games away from months on the sidelines.

Astonishing we haven't brought in any cover.

Guest neesy111

On a day that Ridgewell went to West Brom and Bassong is supposedly off to Wolves, it's extremely disappointing that we haven't bought a defender.

Both are better than Williamson.

Bassong is.  Ridgewell is fucking hopeless.