Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This makes more sense than winning it and having to go through the whole arduous process again.

See, this is what they should be fixing. The logistical and motivational reasons why it has become an 'arduous process'.

The only problem with the EL, and one that can't be easily fixed, is that the expansion of the CL removed a lot of the allure of the UEFA. As Sewelly said, you only had one great team from every league in the old European Cup, while all the others played in the UEFA which in some ways made it a stronger competition. The EC was imho an easier competition to win, just way harder to qualify for.

They should have stopped widening the funnel of the top teams into the CL really, now the balance has already been tipped too far. Maybe 2 teams per country was the optimum.

This is just my opinions anyway, I can get why people think this change is a good idea.

They should have stopped widening the funnel of the top teams into the CL really, now the balance has already been tipped too far. Maybe 2 teams per country was the optimum.

This is just my opinions anyway, I can get why people think this change is a good idea.

It's just a step in the right direction considering they won't make any drastic changes. I don't disagree with you at all otherwise.