Cisse

:yao:

Let's rape the bastards;

Krul

Santon - Williamson - Coloccini - Ferguson

Guthrie - Tiote - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Ba

I'd love to see that tbh. I agree we'd muller them as well.

Not worth hoping for it though, we all know it's going to be 4-4-2 with Taylor on the right. :lol:

Let's rape the bastards;

Krul

Guthrie - Tiote - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Ba

Our direct tactics are much more suited to a similar formation imo. Our wingers usually carry minimal attacking threat and having 3 in the middle would allow Guthrie/Cabaye more freedom to roam. Definitely worth a try. I'd love Pardew to show a bit more tactical versatility at times.

Let's rape the bastards;

Krul

Guthrie - Tiote - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Ba

Not worth hoping for it though, we all know it's going to be 4-4-2 with Taylor on the right. :lol:

Indeed best to accept it now and spend some time getting used to it. I have already accepted Raylor will start on the right in the derby. Hopefully the 2 1/2 weeks between now and then will allow me time to come to terms with it, but I will still be pretty annoyed when I see the team sheet on the day and his name is in the starting lineup.

I mean the kid couldn't get in our side when we were in the championship FFS.

is this seriously 10 days away bluuuugh.

Quite glad for the break in all honesty, we were picking up a few injuries, and it allows some training time for our strikers and to get our central mid back up to speed.

Should be flying by the time this game comes around.

Let's rape the bastards;

Krul

Guthrie - Tiote - Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse - Ba

Indeed best to accept it now and spend some time getting used to it. I have already accepted Raylor will start on the right in the derby. Hopefully the 2 1/2 weeks between now and then will allow me time to come to terms with it, but I will still be pretty annoyed when I see the team sheet on the day and his name is in the starting lineup.

I mean the kid couldn't get in our side when we were in the championship FFS.

That 433 would be deffinately be interesting and should deffinately consider that if we are struggling against another team who has gone 433, or in hindsight we could have tried that against Spurs. I do like width though when possible

I don't think Ben Arfa is any worse than Obertan when it comes to tracking back and gives the ball away less than him too. We need to find a place for HBA, his goal scoring, all round threat and creativity is a fantastic asset we are just not using.  We had Taylor on the wing when we beat Man u 3 - 0 and we played well in that game so it woulden't be the end of the world. However the thought of the two Demba's + HBA on the same pitch really is exciting. I think we have to try it as Jonas is very deffensive nowadays anyway and with the immense Tiote back and cabaye as well we should be able to compensate.  As has been mentioned though i doubt pardew will go for this:

Krul

Santon  Williamson    Coloccini    Ferguson

Tiote        Cabaye          Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Pardew needs to drum into HBA he needs to track back.

Guest hatem garrincha

That's the first season really I've seen Cabaye playing deep like that.

He didn't play like that with Lille, where he was the playmaker with two DM (Balmont, Mavuba) behind him.

I'm not sure that he personnaly choose to play so defensively.

i can understand him playing that deep if we committed forward from elsewhere, say if ben arfa played week in wek out and jonas busted a gut to get in the box, neither condition fits though so theres no excuse. as i've commented elsewhere i'll bet we commit fewer players to get in the box than the vast majority of other teams.