How much is our team worth?

aussiemag

I noticed, but it had to stay. Couldn't believe it took that long for the mention. :lol:

I still can't believe I missed the original hundreds of billions thing. It's brilliant. :lol:

Priceless.

Other clubs may value our players at around £15m each or whatever however everyone (first team) of them is a valuable member of the jigsaw and that can't be broken. So yeah come at us with £15m, £20m, £35m bids, we should still say no.

Guest firetotheworks

No offence to the OP but I couldn't give a shit. Football is enough about money without fans jumping into that side of things. I'm so sick of people talking about how much our players will go for based on how good they are. I really hate that mind-set.

No offence to the OP but I couldn't give a shit. Football is enough about money without fans jumping into that side of things. I'm so sick of people talking about how much our players will go for based on how good they are. I really hate that mind-set.

:thup:

No offence to the OP but I couldn't give a s***. Football is enough about money without fans jumping into that side of things. I'm so sick of people talking about how much our players will go for based on how good they are. I really hate that mind-set.

:thup:

No offence taken lads.. I would love this side to be kept together with the addition of a top class left back and centre half.. With these we could challenge for a top 4 spot consistantly. Just feel at the moment .. the limited technique of Williamson and Simpson, detracts from our ability to keep the football at times, resulting in the "Hoof".

To be fair to the OP, this topic does actually have a greater amount of interest rather than just being solely negative, given Llambias' recent comments about the club being run on the basis that all players are for sale if the club's own valuation were met, but that they have a stand in for every single first team position if it came down to it.

The numbers in the OP aren't a million miles from what I would say. If you use comparables such as the Downing or Henderson deals, then there is a good argument that Ben Arfa, Tiote and Cabaye are all £20M to £25m players (to take them away from us this summer). I couldn't see any of those being allowed to leave this summer for sub-£20m, particularly if we have a European challenge to look forward to.

IMO only Tiote and Ba are risks this summer, unless Liverpool come back into the market with some daft bids.

To be fair to the OP, this topic does actually have a greater amount of interest rather than just being solely negative, given Llambias' recent comments about the club being run on the basis that all players are for sale if the club's own valuation were met, but that they have a stand in for every single first team position if it came down to it.

The numbers in the OP aren't a million miles from what I would say. If you use comparables such as the Downing or Henderson deals, then there is a good argument that Ben Arfa, Tiote and Cabaye are all £20M to £25m players (to take them away from us this summer). I couldn't see any of those being allowed to leave this summer for sub-£20m, particularly if we have a European challenge to look forward to.

IMO only Tiote and Ba are risks this summer, unless Liverpool come back into the market with some daft bids.

Exactly this. It's relevant not because we're being negative but because this is the policy now.

There are very few I would sell without first having secured a replacement and I would want inflated prices but, as mentioned, at our club everyone has a price.

That's before you consider want away players.

It's the reality of the situation.