Clough/Motson Interview

macphisto

Clough was a one off and a helluva manager and yes, I rate him ahead of Alex Ferguson. His football teams played the game the right way and he wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade. How English football could do with the likes of him now,

Guest KeithKettleborough

Clough was a one off and a helluva manager and yes, I rate him ahead of Alex Ferguson. His football teams played the game the right way and he wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade. How English football could do with the likes of him now,

Spot on. No one quite like him and never will be again. That Forest team he built up could be tremendous and not a lot of "stars" when they first became prominent.

Spot on. No one quite like him and never will be again. That Forest team he built up could be tremendous and not a lot of "stars" when they first became prominent.

Yeah he basically won the European Cup with the same team who won promotion from Division 2 :lol: Amazing.

Yeah he basically won the European Cup with the same team who won promotion from Division 2 :lol: Amazing.

With Ferguson's overall record, you'd have to say he's the best ever, but even he never matched that particular feat. Promotion, Division 1 Champions and League Cup winners, Euro Champions and League Cup winners, then Euro Champions again in four successive seasons, with Notts Forest ffs.

And just for good measure, they went 42 league games unbeaten at one point, which was a record at the time.

I don't think there's ever been a manager who was better at sending his team out in the right frame of mind. Players seemed to be able to produce their best form, not intermittently, but for 90 minutes every match. So they ended up over-achieving by a ridiculous amount.