Ambience in Frankfurt

Guest Eintrachtfan

Guest Eintrachtfan
yes we do it at away from home but at home it simply would not happen.

:thup: Ok ,I'll also watch your away game in Chelsea.Let's hope you guys will do it.

2. It is illegal to stand on masse during the match at Premiership games - yes we do it at away from home but at home it simply would not happen.

Why is this, exactly? I don't get it. There are certain clubs, it seems, we're one of them, so are you from what I've seen, whose fans *always* stand at away games.

Why is this tacitly accepted whilst doing the same thing in the home end isn't?

Difficult for the polis to revoke the safety licence if its "foreigners" doing it - if its home fans the club can and should be held responsible

I suppose the answer is to chain everyone down mind

We were right at the back and I think the main problem we had was that we were miles away and, thanks to the ticket fuck up, the toon fans were diluted in the away end with germans and scattered around the rest of the stadium.

If we'd been as loud as we were in O'Neils the night before, I doubt that would have mattered though  :lol:  Had a good sing on the train with the frankfurt fans, was bricking it a bit when they did their bouncy song though cos it felt like the train was leaving the tracks.

Had a cracking time, the frankfurt fans were great and so was the city. 

Guest dasflenst

The Frankfurt fans were superb in the stadium.  Having been to a lot of Bundesliga games they are probably the best I've seen, although the Sued-Kurve (South Terrace) at Dortmund is pretty impressive, with 27,000 standing!! 

I must admit, our fans seemed a bit subdued in the stadium, maybe because the Frankfurt fans were so loud we couldn't get any good singing going.  We had a few good moments though.

The Premiership is shit for support.  We can't stand by law at home but we could definitely adopt some German-style singing and jumping away from home.  Eintrachtfan - away from home it is also illegal to stand but we just ignore it as the police can not arrest 5,000 people at the same time.  At home, they know our season ticket details and can therefore ban us from the stadium. 

Guest Eintrachtfan

Oh guys ,after reading all your posts,I really understand how difficult it is to be a real fan in England.My impression about the hole Premier League is that they don't want to have real fans,they want only costumers who buy tickets for real big money.That's very sad.So never stop fightin for a good support and for standing by law in the stadiums.

Good Luck

Guest TheOrder

Quiet????

Come to SJP on a Saturday and you'll find out what quiet is.

I have been to a few French league games. Even an ordinary Ligue 1 game is significantly noisier than any game in St James's park.

What strikes me the most is the difference on fan organisation. Frankly in St Jame's the fans vocal support are quite repetitive, simple, monotomous and disorganised. Whereas French supporters are a lot more organised, their songs/chants more colourful and interesting.

However, it could be quite scary to be an away fan in Ligue 1, whereas it is very safe here.

Gaan to a f***ing pop concert then, then you can aal sing in f***ing unison...

I'm solid btw :lol: :thup:

I think our problem was that the fans were split over 2 tiers. I couldn't hear the upper tier much and they probably couldn't hear us (not just because we weren't singing before anyone gets clever).

yea, sure.. i bet that's not even permitted in england

Don't bullshit me.Why shoold it be permitted?I remember some Stuttgartfans making a ,,Humba'' (also a kind of jumping)in the stadiums of Chelsea and Manchester.So just try it .

He was being sarcastic. Tongue-in-cheek.

Lost in translation, obviously !

As to how "quiet" our fans were, we are having a quite tedious time of it in the premiership.

In the relegation area, and scoring a pitiful amount of goals.

I'm surprised the fans weren't SNORING watching our lot.

Still - well done to Eintracht fans.

Best vocal weve heard from any european team on our travels for a good while.

But believe me, our travelling fans are usually VERY vocal.

But Roeder's team isnt exactly condusive to excitement.

Tedium maybe. :roll:

I don't think alkohol-frei is too tricky a task for most people to decifer.

Tee hee. Nice one. bluebiggrin.gif

Oh guys ,after reading all your posts,I really understand how difficult it is to be a real fan in England.My impression about the hole Premier League is that they don't want to have real fans,they want only costumers who buy tickets for real big money.That's very sad.So never stop fightin for a good support and for standing by law in the stadiums.

Good Luck

Nail on head.

Well, the problem I have with the atmosphere in Jormany is that it is mostly far too organised by the so-called Ultra groups who rather bother about themselves than about the game. Support should be something to accompany the match and bolster the team, but not the main focus. I hate it when the atmosphere is not spontanous, but rather like a choreography of cheerleaders.