Owen on SSN

Skirge

Here's another one from premierleague.com.  I wonder why his return is in the media again.  Something up, or just the normal news cycle?

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=enNewsLatest&id=1544946&type=com.fapl.website.news.NewsItem&categoryCode=NewsLatestFAPremierLeagueNews

There must be some England tourney in the near future.

Its the only time Owen bothers himself to shake a leg.

Shearer was never "quick", but a decrease in pace due to injury was enough to force him into a different, and without a doubt, lesser player.

Same will be the case for Owen if he comes back slower. He'll still score when chances land his way, but he'll be easier to mark and some through balls or half chances that hed previous have gotten on the end of and tucked away will become wasted passes and no-chances. Good example is the goal at home to City (still on youtube), half a yard slower and that would not be a goal.

I think the difference will be that he won't be able to use his pace so effectively on the counter-attack.  I still think when the offense "sets up" with the eventual goal of getting a cross through the box, or when the defense is split open by a shrewd pass, Owen will be essentially the same. It'll be that ability to get onto really long balls or run freely on the break that will be lost.  I honestly don't think it will make that much of a difference if he's half a yard slower.  The Owen who would go on incredible long pacy runs with the ball went by the wayside a long time ago.