If Colo leaves who would you make captain?

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, negative to cabs is he's rather petulant and his mind can drift away from the team into his own issues.

But aye Taylor's clearly a daft lad like and i'm sure the others know it. Shame, he's a warrior like. Fully agreed with the most whole-hearted player tag. Would love us to go for 5-6 years with the same captain. Unless you've got like a Man Utd. like players committee of older players you need some steady captains and VC.

Guest hobshobs

Pardew obviously has his favourites. Jonas or Shola then? Even Pardew can't waffle enough pish to get Ameobi on the pitch every game so likely he'll be vice captain. Captain will be that real team leader Jonas. He's easily the best at running up and down the park doing absolutely nothing. Real good professional too with his acrobatic displays when he think he's been fouled. Waffling now. We REALLY need new owners and we REALLY REALLY need a new manager. With the vison of our owners we'd probably end up with someone like Mark Hughes. In case you haven't guessed it I've pretty much had enough of what is going on at my club this season. This club really is a bloody joke

Pardew obviously has his favourites. Jonas or Shola then? Even Pardew can't waffle enough pish to get Ameobi on the pitch every game so likely he'll be vice captain. Captain will be that real team leader Jonas. He's easily the best at running up and down the park doing absolutely nothing. Real good professional too with his acrobatic displays when he think he's been fouled. Waffling now. We REALLY need new owners and we REALLY REALLY need a new manager. With the vison of our owners we'd probably end up with someone like Mark Hughes. In case you haven't guessed it I've pretty much had enough of what is going on at my club this season. This club really is a bloody joke

That's not true in regarding Cabaye, Pardew himself said in an interview with French TV that Cabaye is a future Newcastle Captain.

Guest reefatoon

Shola might be a Gary Monk type captain.

Well he did do a really inspiring act as Captain last time and got himself suspended.  True inspiration that had me fisting the air with delight.

We need to sign a captain. No more of this "he's a good pro" rubbish, now more than ever we need someone who can actually lead the team on the pitch. There's been plenty of occasions this season where a player has needed a kick up the arse during a game but it doesn't happen.

Kilcline could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Voted Cabaye but really would want us to get in an experienced centre back like Hangeland and make him captain.

Disagree hate it whwn players are signed and immediately promoted to captain, the captain should be the one all new signings need to carry themselves like

Voted Cabaye but really would want us to get in an experienced centre back like Hangeland and make him captain.

Disagree hate it whwn players are signed and immediately promoted to captain, the captain should be the one all new signings need to carry themselves like

Smacks of small time, but can be beneficial if there's a lot of changes, ie new manager coming in bringing his trusted leader with him. As it stands Cabaye is enough captain material to go forward with. With Debuchy signing he should be very settled for a while.

We need to sign a captain. No more of this "he's a good pro" rubbish, now more than ever we need someone who can actually lead the team on the pitch. There's been plenty of occasions this season where a player has needed a kick up the arse during a game but it doesn't happen.

Must say you're avatar changes amuse me  :lol: and i agree, but who have we been linked with that can be considered captain material?

Must say you're avatar changes amuse me  :lol: and i agree, but who have we been linked with that can be considered captain material?

I've just realized how the latest one could be very bad timing so I'll need a new one :lol:

I don't know anything about the players we've been linked with tbh but our plans will change completely if Colo was to go as we'd need a new CB who, hopefully, can drag a team through games.

I'd give it to Taylor if he could stay injury free but he can't do he's out the running.

After that it has to be Cabaye. People talk of his fiery frenchness, i don't see this as such a bad thing. Maybe it's what we need.

Not read the whole thread but it can only be Cabaye. Hatem's not done it before and has a history of going off on one. You can't have a volatile captain, it's too unsettling.

Cabaye's experience, position in the midst of everything during the game and all round good looks win's him the gig.

No Vurn suggestions.

Interesting shout, not sure i see him as a captain though but i don't find the whole captain selection that big of a deal.

As long as you have enough leaders across the team then i don't find it issue but quite frankly outside of maybe Krul, Saylor, Cabaye and Hatem i don't see much leader material.