If Colo leaves who would you make captain?

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would love to see a local lad with the armband, but Saylor is injured more than 50% of the time anyway and doesn't come across as being the sharpest tool in the box, on and off the field.

So, Shola then? :undecided:

Doesn't need to be sharp. Taylor will encourage team-mates to at the very least, battle. He gives 100% till the end.

Yes, but you're ignoring the fact that Taylor spends at least half a season in the treatment room.

I think Krul's a genuine dark horse like. Maybe young but always seems to go in the right spirit, has the never-say-die attitude and commands his area and back four well for a young lad. Pretty much an adopted Geordie as well.

S. Taylor is always injured so that rules him out.

Krul doesn't talk much to his defence so how can he be captain?

Ben Arfa isn't that sort of player, he can be selfish in his play at times so I doubt he would ever be captain material.

Cabaye is probably the best option, however his lack of form for a while is something that would make me skeptical (though I guess you can apply that to most of our team this season).

Honestly can't think of anyone who'd have it in them other than Yohan.  Think he'd be fairly capable of dishing out a few bollockings (on and off the pitch) if necessary.

Obviously Taylor gets a mention but I'd rule him out due to his...well...being a crock.

But, Jonas will get it.

I think you need a club captain and a team captain.  Club captain would have to be either Saylor, Krul or Shola as they are the only players who really seem to have a strong attachment to the club and seem to get more involved in community functions and are also happy to do the press side.

On the pitch, it would have to be Cabaye - he has experience and the other players respect him and he is supposedly very influential in the dressing room.  I always get the impression that the other players think of Taylor as a daft lad and don't take him too seriously although I think he is probably the most wholehearted player we have.

Downside of Cabaye being captain is that recently, they tend to move on fairly soon.