If Colo leaves who would you make captain?

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I understand Cabaye is probably the closest thing we have, but I still don't think he will be a good captain, sometimes I don't even realise he is on the pitch, not what you want from a captain. Still better than Owen.

I understand Cabaye is probably the closest thing we have, but I still don't think he will be a good captain, sometimes I don't even realise he is on the pitch, not what you want from a captain. Still better than Owen.

Might as well make Tiote captain, he's constantly fouling people and out of position to allow attacker to waltz through but as long as he's catching the eye its all good...

Might as well make Tiote captain, he's constantly fouling people and out of position to allow attacker to waltz through but as long as he's catching the eye its all good...

TBF Wor Cheik is always in the middle of the battle. Win, lose or red card.

Only logical choice is Cabaye. Been there, done that and he has a bit of mean streak to him. He helps to sign other signings too. What more can you ask?

Wouldn't give it to Taylor. You give him the armband, he goes into Geordie Hero mode and his decision making goes down the other way. Plus he's injured too much to be a regular.

You know what I mean, I don't want the captain of this club to be anonomous for 50% of the games we play.

Hba can get hit head but I would be happy to see him lead us. Cabbage is natural choice probably, other option would be krul buy not a fan of goalie captains except exceptional shouty ones

Cabbage? :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Steven Taylor. Proper Newcastle lad. Would wear the armband with extreme pride. Definitely him as club captain then Cabaye a VC.

Honestly, Cabaye would have the armband most of the time anyway.

This

True, He would stretch it and wear it around his head Rambo style.

Steven Taylor. Proper Newcastle lad. Would wear the armband with extreme pride. Definitely him as club captain then Cabaye a VC.

This

True, He would stretch it and wear it around his head Rambo style.

:lol:

Can see it being Jonas, making his position in the starting 11 (when he is fit), even less under threat :pokerface:

I voted Krul, but this is what's going to happen if Pardew takes the normal action of promoting vice-captain.

TBF Wor Cheik is always in the middle of the battle. Win, lose or red card.

Well yeah i was being sarcastic about the whole not realising Cabaye is on the pitch when he plays.... if you don't realise what Cabaye does and brings to the team then i don't quite what to say.... the results without him say enough.

We can make Taylor club captain and Cabaye team captain. As mentioned in the previous thread, Spurs did the same with Ledley King and Robbie Keane. Taylor's really the best option IMO when you're talking about natural leadership material and being Mr. Newcastle, just that he'll be lucky to get 20 games a season.