Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

We could have come away with a draw? It's a Hull City team managed by Steve Bruce ffs. We were in the lead twice. A draw and I would have been just as p*ssed off. We should have been, and were, all over them.

I'm not saying a draw would have been a good result, I'm saying it wouldn't have resulted in as much reaction as this. A win for Hull flattered them a fair bit as well, IMO.

Obviously we should be beating them.

I think the reaction would have been the same, tbh. Obviously we can never know. I would have considered us very lucky to have won that match. It would have definitely been a papering over the cracks win. Obviously as it happens we didn't get that, or a draw, but lost.

Guest firetotheworks

Yep, all stemming from a culture of fear. That's why we never stuff sides. We're full of inhibition.

We had Gouffran, Remy, Cisse & Ben Arfa on the pitch together.

Negative b******.

All that attacking talent and yet we've averaged 1 goal per game all season. Go figure.

Cisse and Ben Arfa were f***ing s**** on Saturday.

All season. No good having such attacking talent on the pitch if you score FIVE goals in FIVE games.

When was the time we beasted a team? When was the last time we dominated most of a match?

Stoke at home about a year and a half ago.

Some of their goals were purely down to players just not using their heads and doing their jobs properly. You cannot blame Pardew for that.

You absolutely can and I absolutely will.

You can blame Pardew for using the wrong personnel and tactics, but players failing to track men and ball-watching is down to the individual player. Pardew isn't the greatest but to blame him for that kind of s*** is ludicrous.

It would be if we weren't talking about players that were quality before they arrived here, if they weren't players that weren't starting players in decent Champions League and International teams. Who the f*** drills them? Directs them and tells them what to do?

You can put blame on individual errors and the odd poor performance? But the entire team not being able to string passes together, a lack of movement and resorting to hoofing when we're behind? On the back of an away win? Come on. The only player that showed anything was Remy and it wouldn't surprise me if his form dipped once Pardew gets into his head.

Everyone except Remy and Anita played badly and it's all down to individual performances? That's a bit of a coincidence don't you think?

Players can rub off on one another and when heads go down it can effect the whole team.

In my opinion we have a leader on the pitch in Colo', who leads by example. Previously we've had verbal leaders who may be having a s**** game but keep the fight and effort there. Colo' doesn't have that attribute, although he has virtually everything else. That's not to say I'm blaming him either by the way, it just highlights how one bad performance can effect a whole team.

As I have previously mentioned, Pardew wasn't and isn't faultless. However, when a player is ten yards from his man, ball-watching when he should be slotting in, you cannot blame Pardew for that.

FWIW I'm sure you're not saying the players were faultless either.

At this point in the season I don't think we are too far from what we all expected. We're maybe 1 or 2 points behind where we should be. Those 1 or 2 points would have us up in the top 6....

it wouldn't surprise me if we get a good result at Everton and all of a sudden everyone cheers up on here again...

Coloccini is a very good footballer, but he's no captain. That much should be clear after the way that he went on to leave Newcastle. Cabaye too. If they're leading by example, then they're not setting very good examples.

This top 6 and level on points with whoever doesn't work this early on in the season man. :lol: We've played one team that I've went into the match expecting a hiding from, and we got it. We've drawn against West Ham without so much as a shot on target, beat Fulham with a narrow 1-0 win, had a good performance against Villa, and then surrendered what should have been a comfortable win against f***ing Hull. It's not good enough and no one will convince me otherwise.

Valid point on Colo' and Cabaye - almost adding to my argument in the process.

How can our players be motivated by a captain who isn't having a good game and has done that off the pitch?

Chelsea won the league on poor performances and 1-0 wins and their fans didn't complain.

I would have expected 4 points from those two home games and 3 from Hull, with a draw at Villa and being comfortably beaten at the Etihad. That makes us 1 point behind what I would expect and whilst we cannot rationally discuss league position 5 games in, we can rationally discuss expectations against sides.

Last season we performed utter shite for all but about 3 games. The season before we over-achieved yet none of them games are ever used as evidence that Pardew "got it right" or "didn't fuck up", but yet all of last season is used as evidence for him to be sacked? The board got it wrong last summer and did this summer as well, and whilst (as I have previously mentioned) Pardew isn't perfect or faultless you can only blame him for his mistakes.

Pardew got the team right for me on Saturday and attacking them is right - we didn't perform well enough and attack them well enough was the problem. If we had have, then they wouldn't have had the opportunity to get out. Instead, we put in a poor attacking performance and made errors at the back. 3 points on Saturday would have seen us "ahead" on where the majority of fans would have expected us to be. You can only beat what's in front of you, and when you get the points performances (unfortunately) don't matter, to a degree.

Sorry, I meant losing the lead.

I think the perception is greater than reality.  Those lost points really hurt more when you've been in the lead..

We lost 18 points from a winning position last season.  Which is no good, but then we gained 12 points from a losing position ourselves, so it's not like we never inflicted that pain on anyone else.

Ultimately it was just another embarrassing home defeat under Pardew. Not exactly rare these days.

For once I don't think he deserves to take all the blame though. The players let him down badly, especially Debuchy, Mbiwa, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Cabaye

Remy, Anita and perhaps Santon only players that played half decent. The formation to start was perfect, 2nd half he may formation changes that screwed us but still mostly attacking subs. I even said to lad next to me that we needed Tiote on as were starting to get opened up to much in midfield and had lost control, so again I don't fault him for bringing him on.

We just didn't look organised enough without the ball and need to really go for teams when going forward.

Yep, all stemming from a culture of fear. That's why we never stuff sides. We're full of inhibition.

Negative Bastard.

All that attacking talent and yet we've averaged 1 goal per game all season. Go figure.

Cisse and Ben Arfa were fucking shite on Saturday.

All season? No good having such attacking talent on the pitch if you score FIVE goals in FIVE games.

When was the time we beasted a team? When was the last time we dominated most of a match?

We aren't a top team.  We have no inalienable right to beast anyone.

Since Pardew arrived we have scored 3 or more 15 times.  We aspire to be an also ran team, like Everton.  They have scored 3 or more on 14 occasions in the same timescale....and Moyes got rewarded with the Man U job.

Ultimately it was just another embarrassing home defeat under Pardew. Not exactly rare these days.

Exactly. Whatever the particular reasons were, it was typical of his past 15 months.

Any other club would've sacked him by now. What a f***ing state we're in.

If we didn't sack him after last season, it hardly makes sense to sack him now after an average start.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly. Whatever the particular reasons were, it was typical of his past 15 months.

Any other club would've sacked him by now. What a f***ing state we're in.

If we didn't sack him after last season, it hardly makes sense to sack him now after an average start.

It makes sense because he's crap but it wont happen, unless we lose 6/7 on the trot and end up in the bottom 3 we're stuck with him.

Guest firetotheworks

Negative b******.

Cisse and Ben Arfa were f***ing s**** on Saturday.

All season? No good having such attacking talent on the pitch if you score FIVE goals in FIVE games.

We aren't a top team.  We have no inalienable right to beast anyone.

Since Pardew arrived we have scored 3 or more 15 times.  We aspire to be an also ran team, like Everton.  They have scored 3 or more on 14 occasions in the same timescale....and Moyes got rewarded with the Man U job.

Generally, with most teams in the league, every dog has its day. The point is that we haven't for a very long time.

Guest Forollhogna

Wouldnt mind a subpar manager as much if he was upfront with his preferred style of play - aka "fastpaced brand of front foot fotball"...

As it is he is selling me a Guardiola-philosophy and cooks up something even fat sam would be seen blushing from at the dugout.

Someone called him a Liar King and that really is the most apt name for him..

Cant even be bothered to call for his head it will never happen under this regime. Still, at least we have Ben Arfa as a beacon of entertainment every weekend..

Hull looked embarrassingly shit until we scored and took our footf off the gas. They'd hardly touched the ball whilst we were trying to attack.

They looked poor throughout really, only the diagonal ball to Graham looked remotely threatening. The goals were two soft/shit defending and one brilliant strike.

Their 3rd goal was a good team goal, actually.

Guest neesy111

We need to tighten up at the back, if we are to improve as a team.  I'm a big Colo fan, but Danny Graham give him a torrid time on Saturday in the 1st half which is worrying.  Saylor needs to come back in for Yanga-Mbiwa.

Guest icemanblue

Concede 3 goals at home, you don't deserve to win.

We need to tighten up at the back, if we are to improve as a team.

neesy for manager.

Guest firetotheworks

The same shit from Pardew and the same claims of people being fickle for maintaining that he's shit. I'd say it's damaging, but your opinion has as much influence over our future as a club as ours; Absolute zero.