Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Horrible new one! How long have we had our current crest? The copyright on it must have expired yonks ago.

We need this one back.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vnlJ0835lC4/TpLFvB-fIaI/AAAAAAAAE6c/B1uxE1KdKP0/s1600/nu-1969-1976.jpg

At least our current badge bears resemblance to the city crest, I love our badge currently. Perfect mix. Would be nice to get the latin in though.

Horrible new one! How long have we had our current crest? The copyright on it must have expired yonks ago.

We need this one back.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vnlJ0835lC4/TpLFvB-fIaI/AAAAAAAAE6c/B1uxE1KdKP0/s1600/nu-1969-1976.jpg

At least our current badge bears resemblance to the city crest, I love our badge currently. Perfect mix. Would be nice to get the latin in though.

"Triumphing by brave defence" doesn't really sum up the team atm.

Pellegrini to Man City is being rumoured, with odds being cut quite short

IMO he's better than Mancini. More tactically adept in Europe by a long shot for starters.

certainly done an outstanding job at Malaga under ridiculously trying circumstances and the job he did at Real for what time he had was very good just had the problem of one of the best club sides ever in his way

IMO he's better than Mancini. More tactically adept in Europe by a long shot for starters.

Agreed. Although Mancini gets disproportionate criticism.

certainly done an outstanding job at Malaga under ridiculously trying circumstances and the job he did at Real for what time he had was very good just had the problem of one of the best club sides ever in his way

Broke the club and league records for highest points total iirc, only Barca broke the league points record by more (at the time).

I'm not so sure, last season he did fantastic but this season has been abysmal. Tried too hard to show he knew best.

still don't see Mancini getting sacked unless they lose the FA cup tomorrow. The City owners thus far haven't seemed overly quick to sack a manager, hell they gave Hughes almost a season and a half of mostly stupid purchases (albeit it with some clever ones when working under a tighter budget pre takeover in Kompany and Zabaletta)

I'm not so sure, last season he did fantastic but this season has been abysmal. Tried too hard to show he knew best.

I'd call it disappointing since I find it hard to call any season where you finish comfortably 2nd and (probably) win a trophy abysmal

I'd call it disappointing since I find it hard to call any season where you finish comfortably 2nd and (probably) win a trophy abysmal

Given how far they've fallen behind a widely recognised poorish Man United I'd disagree especially given investment levels over the 2 seasons.

They would romp the PL with Pellegrini i hope it doesn't happen.

Not if Chelsea have Mou

I really think thats an implosion waiting to happen. Theres reasons he and Abramovich had a major falling out and its not like he'll stop interfering in the team since he hasn't at any point up til now

Given how far they've fallen behind a widely recognised poorish Man United I'd disagree especially given investment levels over the 2 seasons.

hence the disappointing bit. Plus no matter the fact the Man Utd side is poorish the force of will of Fergie to win back the trophy after last seasons end can never be underestimated and it looks like some of the City players (Joe Hart in particular) have gotten really complacent and let the praise go to their heads.

hence the disappointing bit. Plus no matter the fact the Man Utd side is poorish the force of will of Fergie to win back the trophy after last seasons end can never be underestimated and it looks like some of the City players (Joe Hart in particular) have gotten really complacent and let the praise go to their heads.

True but is that not that the managers responsibility to keep them motivated and grounded, not mentioning the hilarity shown by City in Europe. The tough group being a massive misnomer given BVB were in a similar situation but did something about it despite way less investment.

True but is that not that the managers responsibility to keep them motivated and grounded, not mentioning the hilarity shown by City in Europe. The tough group being a massive misnomer given BVB were in a similar situation but did something about it despite way less investment.

perhaps but it is one of the more difficult things in football to pull off to keep a bunch of spoilt multi millionaires grounded motivated and hungry for success.

perhaps but it is one of the more difficult things in football to pull off to keep a bunch of spoilt multi millionaires grounded motivated and hungry for success.

:thup: and therein lies the ability of the truly brilliant managers like Fergie etc.

:thup: and therein lies the ability of the truly brilliant managers like Fergie etc.

its the standout ability of Fergie as well as how much football and footballers have changed since he took over Man Utd that he adapted hence why I'm more hesitant to criticize guys like Mancini who while he's failed this season has surely done enough to have another go next season

The Klopp fans are going to love him even more after seeing this quote.

"Whoever informed him [schalke CEO Tönnies] we are secretly negotiating with Draxler told him a lie. The fact that we are looking for players goes without saying but there will be no announcements until we sign someone. Now, go make a story out of this: Klopp is unclear about things, Draxler has not arrived and we have signed Son [Hamburg's Son Heung Min] and I am the new manager of Manchester United. Oh wait, that is not possible."

:lol: