Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

David Moyes did a talk at the Cambridge Union tonight.

Came across as really canny, clever and to proper love football. Chatted a lot about his playing and early managing, doing his badges dead young and training kids on the side while he was a player. Walking into the Everton dressing room for first time and being intimidated by seeing likes of Gazza, Ginola and Graveson in front of him.  He then found out Gazza was going to be transferred straight to Burnley and his debut to be against Preston (who Moyes had just left) so he delayed the transfer to stop him playing v Preston. Very enthusiastic about scottish football and suggested he'd like to be manager one day, said he'd been to all the finals they used to get to as a fan.

Notable I thought was he thinks for football to develop here we need the reserve/youth teams to be in the football pyramid like in Spain. He tried to get an Everton reserve/B team in the Conference but FA would only allow them to enter at v bottom of pyramid.

Ended on a story of Duncan Ferguson. Apparently at the end of his time at Everton (and as player) he fell out and refused to shake Moyes's hand. Rang Moyes up 5 years later and apologised saying he'd regretted it whole time. Says he's totally changed as a man, a great guy and now works on backroom at Everton and works extremely hard.

Wouldn't give much away on future stuff, despite best efforts of questioners trying to use Gazza/Rooney analogies etc. He did suggest Everton manager could be a promotion from within.

bit of a harsh sacking imho

It's not like.

Nah, definitely not. Timing's not fair but definitely had to go. I thought he should have gone last season, only Man United imploding kept him in a job.

I dunno I have some sympathy with Ribery with that, seems a bit insensitive

Should be thankful he doesn't have Tim Krul as a teammate giving him a left peg to the arse whilst he's praying. 

Dunno if its on here already but apparently SJP was voted the easiest ground to get to for fans. Just read the top 5 and bottom 5 on Keys & Gray.

but u need binoklars to see th pitch loolololol