The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Guest bimpy474

No, Graham Poll is talking bollocks.  Bimpy is a qualified ref (I think) and he says its bollocks.

Nothing against bimpy and I know he has reffed matches but Poll was a PL ref. Maybe 'rule' is the wrong word and it's more of a direct instruction from above.

My apologises guys, i didn't realise you were talking about diving, i thought it was in general play, when only a touch or slight trip is still bookable.

LRD is correct, but it's another dumb rule. Funnily enough those kind of high profile rulings dont get filtered down to my bottom of bottom level.

Guest neesy111

No, Graham Poll is talking bollocks.  Bimpy is a qualified ref (I think) and he says its bollocks.

Nothing against bimpy and I know he has reffed matches but Poll was a PL ref. Maybe 'rule' is the wrong word and it's more of a direct instruction from above.

I'd trust bimpy more, least he can count to 2.

Same Bimpy who just said it was true above?

And??

Guest neesy111

My apologises guys, i didn't realise you were talking about diving, i thought it was in general play, when only a touch or slight trip is still bookable.

LRD is correct, but it's another dumb rule. Funnily enough those kind of high profile rulings dont get filtered down to my bottom of bottom level.

So what does it go down as i.e. slight contact?

Guest Roger Kint

I'd trust bimpy more, least he can count to 2.

Same Bimpy who just said it was true above?

And??

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I know it's daft guys but the high profile ref's are instructed to ref differently because there are cameras and media watching. I think everything should be the same, the game is the same, but for some reasons. And we all know the reason......money.

Guest neesy111

I know it's daft guys but the high profile ref's are instructed to ref differently because there are cameras and media watching. I think everything should be the same, the game is the same, but for some reasons. And we all know the reason......money.

OCK confirmed this on here.  i.e.  Not sending off high-profile players in big games.

Guest bimpy474

So what does it go down as i.e. slight contact?

For me, slight contact with a dive is a booking as it's cheating.

For the professional game, ref's are instructed not to book player for it if there's slight contact. I have no idea why the FA say that but they do. Got to remember country FA's are allowed to have their own say in reffing in their own leagues.

Like i said before it should be one rule, top to bottom in every league in every country. But money talks at the top.

Guest bimpy474

OCK confirmed this on here.  i.e.  Not sending off high-profile players in big games.

Aye and it is dumb, a foul is a foul, a dive is a dive. I hate the way it's done at the top level. Every tackle, dive, incident should be judged on it's merits. Not because some suit in the FA/Premier League dont like it.

Kids turn up on Sunday's and act like those pros who get away with stuff you dont on a local pitch. It just makes reffing harder for me. Not that i care as i'll never accept a player going over at the slightest touch.

Guest bimpy474

Bimpy, so the no contact, no card rule is specific only to the PL?

As far as i can tell, i've never been given that instruction at the bottom. Every country can bring different things in, like Spain giving yellow cards for all types of handball, whether the player had no chance to get out of the way, he got booked.

And to add to that, it may be that the FA that covers me (Essex) hasn't brought it in, others may well have, even the county FA's has some autonomy.

Bimpy, so the no contact, no card rule is specific only to the PL?

As far as i can tell, i've never been given that instruction at the bottom. Every country can bring different things in, like Spain giving yellow cards for all types of handball, whether the player had no chance to get out of the way, he got booked.

And to add to that, it may be that the FA that covers me (Essex) hasn't brought it in, others may well have, even the county FA's has some autonomy.

:thup: