Paços de Ferreira 1-1 Newcastle United (FT) - post game discussion from page 33

RodneyCisse

Just seen the video.

The little twerp got up and actually tried to square up to Colo, and within a second he'd been throttled and was on the floor in pain.  :lol:

There's a dance that two dudes that don't want to fight will usually do. They'll get in each others face, say some shit, put their arms out and wait to be separated. Colo absolutely had no patience for any of it and just choked the fuck out of him. That's why his face is all terrified. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Plus points from the game for me were Santon, though he looked very assured in his position and seemed really slick getting forward and was probably our most dangerous player, I've always had my doubts about him but if he can fine tune his defending I think he could be a revelation for us.

Thought at times it was nice see both of our fullbacks getting forward and on the overlap, which is something we didn't do enough of last season due to us being shit scared to venture out of our own half.

Gouffran showed massive determination when he came on and caused them all sorts of problems, he chased everything down and looked very sharp, I would love him to given a more central role possibly playing off the striker because I think hes a bit wasted out wide although he can do a job there.

I still don't think Vuckic is good enough to make the transition from exciting prospect to first team regular, however I thought he was very impressive when he came on last night, almost scored, linked up play nicely at times and saved us conceding a certain goal due to one of Tiote's many fuck ups.

The negatives are the same as they have been for the whole of last season, awful set pieces, nothing linking midfield and attack, Tiote playing ahead of Cabaye, Tiote being a lumbering liability and us seemingly have no cohesion or plan going forward. It's all still very worrying for me because (and I know its a friendly) It doesn't look like we have worked on any of our major flaws.

I'm happy that we are working on conditioning and fitness but theres clearly other important things being overlooked. Cheers Pards.

Guest chopey

I still think that our current squad would be top 10 with a different manager and I agree that Gouf and Santon were the stand out performers on the night tho

Plus points from the game for me were Santon, though he looked very assured in his position and seemed really slick getting forward and was probably our most dangerous player, I've always had my doubts about him but if he can fine tune his defending I think he could be a revelation for us.

Thought at times it was nice see both of our fullbacks getting forward and on the overlap, which is something we didn't do enough of last season due to us being shit scared to venture out of our own half.

Gouffran showed massive determination when he came on and caused them all sorts of problems, he chased everything down and looked very sharp, I would love him to given a more central role possibly playing off the striker because I think hes a bit wasted out wide although he can do a job there.

I still don't think Vuckic is good enough to make the transition from exciting prospect to first team regular, however I thought he was very impressive when he came on last night, almost scored, linked up play nicely at times and saved us conceding a certain goal due to one of Tiote's many fuck ups.

The negatives are the same as they have been for the whole of last season, awful set pieces, nothing linking midfield and attack, Tiote playing ahead of Cabaye, Tiote being a lumbering liability and us seemingly have no cohesion or plan going forward. It's all still very worrying for me because (and I know its a friendly) It doesn't look like we have worked on any of our major flaws.

I'm happy that we are working on conditioning and fitness but theres clearly other important things being overlooked. Cheers Pards.

Thanks for the summary. :thup:

I still think that our current squad would be top 10 with a different manager and I agree that Gouf and Santon were the stand out performers on the night tho

I think that's mental, mate, no offence. Where the fuck do the goals come from to get 10th and above?