NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this Dunk anything resembling decent?

He's great in the air and, in my opinion, one of the best Championship defenders. Would be an all right signing considering our options at the back.

so assuming we somehow miraculously get shot of williamson and signed this lad we'd have the following CB options

colo - 33

taylor - 29

mbemba - 21

dummett - 23

dunk - 23

lascelles - 21

6 CB's...you'd have to imagine lascelles would go out on loan for at least part of the season and then you'd ideally want to be getting shot of fitpump i suppose leaving 4 CB's for the season

We were linked with Dunk a few years ago.  Must have reached the end of the monitoring stage.

If Colo is staying then perhaps it makes sense to sign a younger defender as there is no way Colo is going to be on the bench.

Was impressed with Dunk in the Brighton Forest game on Friday, seems like a cracking deal for all involved. I have faith that Hughton will have had nothing but praise for us even after the way he was treated.

Seen a bit of this guy he is quality in the air and would be a good signing.

Aerial power at the back is something we desperately need

Would be happy if they signed a young and upcoming defender like him or Byram

Williamson out and Dunk in would leave me thinking this window has been great business for us. He sounds like he is just what we are looking for, young , talented and tall (desperately need a good header of ball).

Why don't we include Gouffran in the deal :D ?

Williamson out and Dunk in would leave me thinking this window has been great business for us. He sounds like he is just what we are looking for, young , talented and tall (desperately need a good header of ball).

Why don't we include Gouffran in the deal :D ?

We would have to pay more.

No bid yet.

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus  5m5 minutes ago South East, England

Things can change, of course, but I am reliably informed #bhafc have not received an offer from Newcastle for Lewis Dunk.