NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we're gonna chuck 15 million for the Dross then I'd much rather see us spend it on someone like Thauvin.

but he doesn't want to come - apparently.

Apparently he does.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is quick, direct and a threat. He is not worth 15m and is nothing amazing, but he will create and get his fair share of goals if given licence to attack and whip crosses in. I like and rate him. He's streets ahead of Obertan, although that's not saying much!

Has he even actually played that many minutes? FPL has him down as playing around only 1000 minutes in each of the last 3 seasons which is 11/12 games worth of play for someone who would cost 15m?

He's hardly been prolific in that period either.

Time and time again we're linked with these sorts of players and we never buy a single one of them.  "The English Premium" is not something we buy into.

Nor should we for dross like Townsend.

He'd be alright for £5m or so given what we're used to, but Spurs are taking the piss with that price.  I'd be staggered if we bought him and paid more than about £8m.

Think Townsend would look better here than he does for Spurs. Teams generally defend deep against Spurs meaning it's more difficult for him to use his pace. You would think he would get more space playing for us