NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this £15 million fee just being attached to all English players or what?  :lol:

Townsend isn't even a first team player for Tottenham really. Bit ridiculous when you think about it. But I guess he gets picked for England.

A Spurs fan told me a few weeks ago they wouldn't be happy with taking any less than 15m for him. They really only have three players who can play on the wing if you let him go and that's including Eriksen. Don't see them interested in selling unless it's stupid money.

A Spurs fan told me a few weeks ago they wouldn't be happy with taking any less than 15m for him. They really only have three players who can play on the wing if you let him go and that's including Eriksen. Don't see them interested in selling unless it's stupid money.

Is  he currently in the first team?

:lol: 15m

That's just throwing money away.

7 max IMO

Think £10 million is about right.

Not really he's bang average.

Yeah, but I'm taking into account the "English premium".

In reality he should be around £7 million, yes.

No.

No.

Then they are not going to get £15m for him. At some point he'll want a move and Spurs will probably have to sell at a lower price. You can put a premium price tag on a player who is starting every week, but if he's on the bench you can't really expect to keep him indefinitely.

Townsend's miles better than anything we have out wide at the moment, with only the possible exception of Aarons. We could probably do better for the price but I wouldn't be disappointed with him at all.

Tbf there's not many wingers in the league who are worse than Obertan.

Guest chopey

Jack Colback

Georginio Wijnaldum

Moussa Sissoko

Vurnon Anita

Siem De Jong

Yoan Gouffran

Gabriel Obertan

Rolando Aarons

Ayoze Perez

Remy Cabella

Haris Vučkić

Cheick Tiote

Mehdi Abeid

Sylvain Marveaux

Gael Bigirimana

Fighting for a max of 5 midfield positions I can't see anyone coming in until players leave.

Probably true, but I know a Spurs fan who'd be happy with a fiver for him as long as they never had to see him play for their club again.

Jack Colback

Georginio Wijnaldum

Moussa Sissoko

Vurnon Anita

Siem De Jong

Yoan Gouffran

Gabriel Obertan

Rolando Aarons

Ayoze Perez

Remy Cabella

Haris Vučkić

Cheick Tiote

Mehdi Abeid

Sylvain Marveaux

Gael Bigirimana

Fighting for a max of 5 midfield positions I can't see anyone coming in until players leave.

We certainly need a prune.

No.

Then they are not going to get £15m for him. At some point he'll want a move and Spurs will probably have to sell at a lower price. You can put a premium price tag on a player who is starting every week, but if he's on the bench you can't really expect to keep him indefinitely.

I'm guessing they'll be willing to let him go if they sign a few more in his position, but until then he'll be overpriced.

Jack Colback

Georginio Wijnaldum

Moussa Sissoko

Vurnon Anita

Siem De Jong

Yoan Gouffran

Gabriel Obertan

Rolando Aarons

Ayoze Perez

Remy Cabella

Haris Vučkić

Cheick Tiote

Mehdi Abeid

Sylvain Marveaux

Gael Bigirimana

Reckon Alot of them will be shipped out, on loan if necessary.

There's huge question marks over Obertan, Cabella, Abeid, Marveaux, Bigirimana, Vuckic, Gouffran and Tiote, I can certainly see interest in Tiote and Cabella. That's 8, ill be amazed if four at least aren't moved on.

Then of course there is always the possibility of Sissoko being flogged if the right money comes in.

If signing Andros Townsend meant I'd never have to see Obertan or Gouffran in a toon shirt ever again, I'd welcome him with open arms. This is despite the fact I think he's massively ordinary and overpriced by about 3 times what he's worth.