Have you ever played with or against someone who's made it?

Guest palnese

Guest Haris Vuckic

Had a few in the year above and below who have made it who I played with.

Lee Novak at Birmingham City now (battered Coloccini).

Liam Noble at Carlisle (Football League trophy winner, wheyy)

Ryan Donaldson at Cambridge United.

Fair play to Novak for battling his way through the leagues like he has.

When did this happen?

Huddersfield away?

1-1 - we wore the Yellow/Yellow kit.

When did this happen?

Huddersfield away?

I can't remember that game at all. I can only remember playing them recently when we won 4-3 in the League Cup.

Guest firetotheworks

Saying that you played against Van Der Vaart and Van Persie can't really be topped unless you had Messi over to play on your SNES or something.

For all you oldies older than 50, used to play in the same school team as Paul Cannell..............He was useless then as well!!

Later in life played a staff Football game against (i think) Rutherford school and Dave Hilley was playing for them...........although in his 40's by then, still had all the touches and vision..........i never got near him in 90 minutes.

Tony Green, after he retired through injury, became a teacher and brought his Under 13 team to play against my Under 13 from Claremont Middle School.............That was awesome, as he was my hero.

When i helped run the Newcastle Boys Team in the late 70's, we had Paul Stephenson and Ian Bogie in the team, although the best player never got picked up by any club............Jimmy Page was his name (A name not to forget).

when was that ?, we (simonside middle) played against claremont in football and rugby, they were notoriously poor at both. I remember beating them 11-0 at their place, that was at footballscore,not rugby, be about 79-80ish.

I was at Claremont 1974-79, was Dave ? (forgot surname) head of PE then.

If not, John Angus definately was. Friday night staff football, we had staff from all the middle schools to make up the team.we called ourselves the Newburn Gnomes. Don't suppose you played,did you???

dave raynor you're thinking of. he left for walker central (?) about 78 or 79. John Angus (great teacher and mackem to boot) and Gordon Lowery (another great teacher) were mainly in charge of our football till Tim Seward came along. I saw John the other day, a regular in a local pub and he hasn't changed a jot (don't think he recognised me as he last saw me when I was 13).

I remember going to watch some of those staff games as one or two were played on our (simonside) school field and it was a good excuse to have a laugh at our teachers and what possibly turned out to be, well, you  O0

I used to share a flat with John Angus!

The original Middle School Teachers team mainly consisted of Simonside staff, Dave Rayner, John Angus, Gordon Lowery,Colin Jacques and a splintering of players from Cheviot,Chapel House,Chapel Park, Claremont, Dumpling Hall, West Denton, Throckley and Westerhope.

Virtually unbeatable on a good day!

It was surprising how many ex professionals we came across from other schools. Players who had retired and gone into teaching. I always thought ex footballers in the 60's and 70's became Pub managers!

don't remember a Mr Jacques but can remember a Mr Jakes, better known for playing hockey. quite possibly the same person, quite wirey with a tache. dave raynor was an ex england schoolboy and his replacement, tim seward, was ex england universitiies GK.

Claremont were the only team my middle school (chapel House) ever beat on a regular basis :)

Chapel House always had a good team but you were crap at Cricket.

Can you remember Pete Kirby 1974-81

chapel house weren't very good 78 tom 80, chapel park on the other hand were our main competition and they started to really pull away from us in the final year of middle school. well we only had about 35 lads to pick from.

When I was there Claremont and Throckley middle schools rivalled us for crap teams whereas the Gosforth schools (was there 3 of them back in 85?) always absolutely trounced us.

the gosforths (east,west and central) weren't that good in our time. we won the newburn league and cup first time round, semi of city and county cups. year later we won the newburn cup, chapel park the league, year later chapel park done the double (the league decider at their place, gravel pit of a pitch being a bit of a grudge match after their cheat of a ref started by giving them a pen for a foul on the egde of the "D", they had the entire school lined up on the touchlines and we ended up just braying the ball into them...........remember it as if it were yesterday)

there was often trouble at games with throckley for some reason, punches and kicks at school gates and they also had the most mental pitch with about a 10ft slope running from one wing to the other.

Can you remember the West Denton Pitch.

They had put so much white lines (mixed with lime) that it burned a trench down the 2 touchlines and they developed wingers who kicked the ball down the wing, ran around the outside of the full back and caught up with the ball 20 yards later.........brilliant tactics.

don't remember that, I do remember your school had a crossbar that wasn't firmly bolted on and would fall off when hit, so we went 2 up very quickly and spent the rest of the game trying to hit the bar. at kings school tynemouth we played in rugby posts, as we got there some bloke was nailing another bar about a foot underneath the horizontal bar already on the posts, westerhope became a quagmire if you spat in the goalmouth and there was one of the gosforths that had odd sized halves, one half was a bout 40yds the other about 25.

A couple that I forgot to mention. Went to school with and played on the yard against David Borely, who ended up at Burnley (I think) and is still the best player that I've ever played against or with. He was absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely no one could get the ball off him. Also played on the yard with Mark Rassmussen who I think played for Newcastle Under-whatever and definitely played for England Under-whatever. Totally class like, the year above me in school won pretty much every tournament and league going. iirc they got to a European final and lost.

Borley was totally mint.

Raz is playing in Australia now (semi pro stuff).

Guest Haris Vuckic

When did this happen?

Huddersfield away?

I can't remember that game at all. I can only remember playing them recently when we won 4-3 in the League Cup.

Aye and to be fair I got the score wrong - 0-1 apparently.

That league cup match was mental. 1-3 down at one point :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

My cousin captained England (u 18's I think) and played against portugal, the score was 1-1, he got a goal, the other scorer was ronaldo.

Not me obviously, but I like the tale, so f*** it!

Totally guessing here like, but Jamie Burt?