Have you ever played with or against someone who's made it?

Guest palnese

Played against Ryan Noble once, ex Sunderland, now at Burnley. He killed us.

My dad's told me a couple of stories of ex pro's he's played with. He had the same group of friends as Brian Marwood who only made it as a professional as he was a massive kiss-arse apparently and who used to take his ball home in a huff if he got beat at 'gatesy'

He also tells a story of when John Oster ex Sunderland, Everton etc. turned up with one of his mates to make up the numbers of a weekly 7-a-side game. He reckons the same John Oster who looks about eight stone wet through and whom many of the lads playing would call worse than shite when he played for Sunderland was incredibly strong, very difficult to knock off the ball, very fast and scored about 8 of his teams goals that night.

Andy Carroll, Mark Noble, Tom Huddlestone, Aaron Lennon, Frazer Forster, Lee Cattermole, David Edgar, Paul Huntington, Chris Basham, Kris Thackray, Danny Graham, Victor Anichebe

A fair few more from lower leagues and probably some i can't remember off the top of my head.

:lol:

Are you a Premier League centre half?

Andy Carroll, Mark Noble, Tom Huddlestone, Aaron Lennon, Frazer Forster, Lee Cattermole, David Edgar, Paul Huntington, Chris Basham, Kris Thackray, Danny Graham, Victor Anichebe

A fair few more from lower leagues and probably some i can't remember off the top of my head.

Nope.

played against Carrick a few times, and played with and against shola a few times too.

I am actually intrigued by this. Was Shola any good because I just can't imagine him being good at any level.

he was mint. couldn't get the ball off him.

I'll always remember no matter how hard the ball was played at him,  he used to chest it down and the ball would drop like a stone at his feet, he'd then take a few on and smash it in.

I played against him from 11-15, then played with him for a few months, he was mint.

played against Carrick a few times, and played with and against shola a few times too.

I am actually intrigued by this. Was Shola any good because I just can't imagine him being good at any level.

Don't be ridiculous.

Don't be ridiculous.

Don't be ridiculous.

I was thinking the other day how funny it would be to play with some of the "shit" footballers. Players most think are absolutely abysmal but if they turned up at your 5-a-side match they would absolutely destroy you.

Played Winston Reid once. He was my direct opponent as he was playing left back at the time. A beast and he completely destroyed me. 

I did score our one goal in a 1-13 rout though  :snod:

He's by far the best I've met, but I've met several who made it into the danish Superliga.

Nope.

Please expand :lol:

Nope.

Play for our academy?

Correct answer. Also spent time with a few other clubs.

Nope.

Play for our academy?

Correct answer. Also spent time with a few other clubs.

:thup: nice one man. Any reason you called it a day like? Or just didn't work out?

I just find the lower the level i play at, the less i enjoy it, really.

2004 i think was my last season.

Was the setup any good?

Well i hope i don't come across as bitter but not really. It's probably improved quite a bit since then though, i would imagine. Although not many players have came through since i left.

When people ask me which academy they should take there son to, i usually say Middlesbrough out of the big 3 in the North East.