Have you ever played with or against someone who's made it?

Guest palnese

Guest palnese

Have any of you ever played with or against someone who's made it in the game?

I used to play with Birkir Bjarnasson at this local region team. He's now at Sampdoria, and I'm an average defender playing in the 5th tier of Norwegian football.

I also used to play with a guy from the Faroe Islands. He's a starter for their National side. He's now playing in the Norwegian Championship, and had a brief spell at Bristol Rovers.

Le Tissier hardly celebrated as well.  Used to just walk away grinning.

Nice bloke as well. Whether or not it comes across on Soccer Saturday, he's very knowledgeable about the game. Dealt with him in my last job regarding his work with Guernsey.

Played against Josh Gatt and Soony Saad, both in non-competitive games. Gatt is at Molde but often injured, would probably in the national team if he was healthy. And Saad plays for Kansas City, he's from near my hometown and frequently drops in at an indoor field where everyone from the area plays. He's having his breakout year now, so not sure if he's going to risk kickabouts with us anymore.

Alun Armstrong has his own football 5/7 a side centre. Happens to be a rather funny bloke, if a little egotistical with pictures of him playing for Ipswich v Inter Milan scattered throughout the building. :lol:

Played with Matthew Kilgannon at a Nigel Carson Soccer Schools event.

Sure GeJon has had a kickabout with Joe Cole at a wedding or something? :lol:

We were page boys for my cousins wedding, that's when I taught him to play football.

Jack Wilshere came to my parents house and sat in their conservatory all shy as fuck in his Arsenal tracksuit, barely said a word. That's when I taught him to play football.

Alun Armstrong has his own football 5/7 a side centre. Happens to be a rather funny bloke, if a little egotistical with pictures of him playing for Ipswich v Inter Milan scattered throughout the building. :lol:

Scored twice against them didn't he? Ridiculous fact.

If you're Alun Armstrong, wouldn't you? :lol:

Played against Sammy (he was with Wallsend) for Newcastle 'advanced' (level below academy).  Someone told me "he's the black lad", they had 2 black players, stupidly assumed he was the short one  :facepalm:

Played against Danny Graham at school level. His team was 9-0 up at half time think he got most of them...

Played at complete football v James Marwood, he "only"  plays at Conference level but was still miles ahead of anyone else on the pitch technically and mentally.

Worthy of a thread, in my opinion.

Unai Vergara was my classmate; had his career cut short by injuries but played CB for Villarreal in La Liga and got a single cap with Spain. Also won the silver medal in the 2000 Olympics.

Also played against Puyol once in the junior leagues (we're the same age). He played as forward and was a right c*** :lol:

Played against former Barça captain Vicente Sánchez in the Sunday Leagues, he was like 20 years older than all of us and still was the best player in the pitch :lol:

Really good mates through school and played on the same team as Christie Elliott who now plays in the SPL for Partick Thistle. Was always a good footballer but ended up playing locally for Jarrow Roofing and Whitley Bay before Partick took him on.

Went on holiday 3 year ago with Danny Graham and Gary Madine (now in jail!). Had a few games round the pool and in the football court at the hotel if that counts.