Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Wham signing Enner Valencia for £12m. No thanks.

You just don't pay £12m for a player who plays in Mexico and has only had 2 or 3 good games at any sort of competitive level.

I'm sure the West Ham owners are determined to make the club bust.

:lol:

It's clear the good World Cup raised the price and made him known but damn, that's so ignorant.

Doubt he can handle the competitiveness of Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa etc.

Wham signing Enner Valencia for £12m. No thanks.

You just don't pay £12m for a player who plays in Mexico and has only had 2 or 3 good games at any sort of competitive level.

I'm sure the West Ham owners are determined to make the club bust.

:lol:

It's clear the good World Cup raised the price and made him known but damn, that's so ignorant.

Doubt he can handle the competitiveness of Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa etc.

He's played league football in Ecuador and Mexico. A lot of the games he played in at international level where he has done well in have came against average/poor teams, aside from about 3-4 teams. Like I said apart from a few good games at international level he has yet to really be tested at a competitive level anything like the Premiership.

If it was us buying him we would have some real reservations on him, just like people do with Perez now.

There's a risk involved obviously but the risk is there in every transfer. Still, it's not like he was signed from Finnish third division. Premier League is a nice league but it's not the only competitive league in the world.

There's a risk involved obviously but the risk is there in every transfer. Still, it's not like he was signed from Finnish third division. Premier League is a nice league but it's not the only competitive league in the world.

No but saying the Ecuadorian and Mexican leagues are is a bit wrong as well.

As I have said before if West Ham really have been scouting him then surely he wouldn't have went to some random Mexican team only a few months ago, they would have got in before then. The first they would have seen of him is the World Cup and typical West Ham they will just throw the money in order to get him at all costs because he did well in a few matches at international level.

I'm not saying the guy isn't going to be a success, all I'm saying is that there clearly hasn't been any real scouting of him and the £12m fee is a lot for someone coming over from Mexico. If it was us I'd be concerned, yes £5m-£7m at the high end of the scale, but £12m is proven forward type of money, heck they could get Remy for less than they paying for him.

I do think the fee is a bit excessive. I just hate the attitude that buying a player from a smaller league is instantly a massive risk. There are thousands of flops that were bought from Premier League/La Liga/Bundesliga/Serie A as we all should well know.

We are apparently signing Ki Sung-yueng from Swansea for £1.5m

Now that's a decent signing, if true.

Why would Swansea sell him for almost nothing after a decent last season?

Last year of his contract, maybe?

Last year of his contract, maybe?

Ah yes, you're right there.

So where would he go? City seems the most likely you would think.

Man Yoo have enough strikers, Chelsea bought Costa, he'll be too expensive for Liverpool and Arsenal would have to totally destroy their current wage structure so seems unlikely.

Wenger splashing the cash - it doesn't feel right, does it? Some serious quality coming in now, they needed a Khedira-like midfielder. Lots of bodies though, I wonder if they'll sell Cazorla or Arteta.