Chelsea 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Dave

Some of the lads on here act like it would have been different in sir bobby's day. Don't remember our away record being much to shout about in the capital back then either.

We got done by a team superior in every position. Thats it.

Another comparison with Sir Bobby.  :jesuswept:

From what I saw yesterday every player did the same crap they have been doing since we have had them. I have only watched it once late last night so I might be wrong. I also know this is why we got the players cheap because none of them are the finished product. I just don`t get why Pardew and the whole coaching team hasn`t looked at the players and tried to coach the same weekly mistakes out of them. The frustration doesn`t come from getting beat it comes from watching no improvement in individual play/consistency and decision making.

Santon - Jogs around not getting dirty.

HBA - Runs around until he gets the ball then looses it before he plays a viable pass.

Sammy Ameobi - Does these weird runs where the ball bounces off his shins tricking everyone on the way once every 30 mins.

Sissoko - gets into goal scoring positions but fluffs it at the last minute.

Marv - looks promising but then does his best impression of Obermong.

Gosling & Dummett - Does the job but has nothing at all special about them.

From what I saw yesterday every player did the same crap they have been doing since we have had them. I have only watched it once late last night so I might be wrong. I also know this is why we got the players cheap because none of them are the finished product. I just don`t get why Pardew and the whole coaching team hasn`t looked at the players and tried to coach the same weekly mistakes out of them. The frustration doesn`t come from getting beat it comes from watching no improvement in individual play/consistency and decision making.

HBA - Runs around until he gets the ball then looses it before he plays a viable pass.

Sammy Ameobi - Does these weird runs where the ball bounces off his shins tricking everyone on the way once every 30 mins.

That's a very fair summary....

missed Tayls off there

Yesterday's game went exactly as I thought it would go. Sammy was pretty much our best player, our better players (the likes of Ben Arfa, Sissoko etc.) didn't particularly step up. Chelsea didn't really hit top gear either so it was a standard "better team beating smaller team rather comfortably" game. Ah well, at least I had some good company before and after the game (had too much to drink I think, the train journey back was rather unpleasant haha).