Minutes from last nights Fan Forum meeting

Leazes1986

So, if I understand this right, the club is being held back from fulfilling its potential commercially so that SD can have shitloads of undiluted advertising space all to itself. The owner is awarding himself this space for free, in lieu of interest on a loan that used to cost £8million a year to service. Whilst this is going on we are just about breaking even (player amortisation doesn't count) and are no closer to paying off the fat bastard and ergo getting rid of him.

Frankly I'd rather we pay him £8m and operate properly commercially as this would more than cover the 8 mill. On top of everything he still holds the loan over us and reading between the lines could threaten to pull the loan at any time. So basically we are his bitch until he chokes on a half time pie or one jellied eel too many. Even then the likelihood is his children or whoever inherits everything will just pull this loan anyway.

Frankly I'd rather be shot of him and do a Leeds. We're selling our best players without replacing them anyway (which is what Leeds had to do once they were fucked) and at least they appear to be bouncing back, on the up and have a light at the end of the tunnel.

So, if I understand this right, the club is being held back from fulfilling its potential commercially so that SD can have shitloads of undiluted advertising space all to itself. The owner is awarding himself this space for free, in lieu of interest on a loan that used to cost £8million a year to service. Whilst this is going on we are just about breaking even (player amortisation doesn't count) and are no closer to paying off the fat b****** and ergo getting rid of him.

Frankly I'd rather we pay him £8m and operate properly commercially as this would more than cover the 8 mill. On top of everything he still holds the loan over us and reading between the lines could threaten to pull the loan at any time. So basically we are his bitch until he chokes on a half time pie or one jellied eel too many. Even then the likelihood is his children or whoever inherits everything will just pull this loan anyway.

Frankly I'd rather be shot of him and do a Leeds. We're selling our best players without replacing them anyway (which is what Leeds had to do once they were f***ed) and at least they appear to be bouncing back, on the up and have a light at the end of the tunnel.

How does that work?

So, if I understand this right, the club is being held back from fulfilling its potential commercially so that SD can have shitloads of undiluted advertising space all to itself. The owner is awarding himself this space for free, in lieu of interest on a loan that used to cost £8million a year to service. Whilst this is going on we are just about breaking even (player amortisation doesn't count) and are no closer to paying off the fat b****** and ergo getting rid of him.

Frankly I'd rather be shot of him and do a Leeds. We're selling our best players without replacing them anyway (which is what Leeds had to do once they were f***ed) and at least they appear to be bouncing back, on the up and have a light at the end of the tunnel.

How does that work?

Was referring to the theory that Ashley wants his money back (ie purchase price and loan) then he'll disappear. Probably fanciful, but if he's not prepared to even run his ambitionless club at a profit, even that scenario is just a pipe dream.

Yeah so in short, I probably meant to write 'pay back' rather than 'pay off.'  :embarrassed:

I would honestly rather be Ashley and Pardew-less and play in the championship than the situation we are in now

You're mad.

Your blind or a lemming or both