The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

The one thing I hate about horse racing is how quick the commentators are to say the rider is fine and then move on to something else, no mention if the horse is okay or not.

Well that's just rubbish. They nearly always mention both horse and jockey.

Yeah sorry it was more aimed at the stream I was watching.

It was basically "Walsh if fine, here's what's coming up next" there was no mention if the horse was okay or not.

:thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Urgh Rupert Bell slavering how fastastic AP was and no mention of Arctic Fire about to romp home. Cant wait til he retires, this arselicking season has been terrible to listen to

Arctic Fire has to be one of the best bets at a big meeting in a long time. It should absolutely relish 2 and a half miles. He has seen Jezki off the last twice over shorter distance. Willie Mullins has spoke ridiculously highly of him and he has improved for every run this season. Rock On Ruby is regressing and shouldn't be able to beat him which doesn't leave any other real challengers. I think this is the best bet I've seen at 15/8 for a while.

I hope no one followed the above despite it being right, barring a stupid fucking last hurdle.

I did, and on a double with Conti. :dave:

Made the mistake of chasing, and carried on chasing until the end... Managed to claw some back, ended up £59 down. Awful day and I won't be trying to break even going to accept defeat and walk away.

Thoughts for tomorrow? Going to deposit £15 to play around with but not putting anything extra on like today.

EDIT: Got £7.50 back from a bet so using that instead.

2.15 - Cardinal Walter 7/1

2.50 - Caroles Destrier 13/2

3.25 - Don Cossack 4/1

4.40 - Minella Rocco 3/1

50p outright Yankee

Will put the remaining £2 on a double or treble in the morning.

Guest Roger Kint

Just small bets today as dont want to put any money into account with the weekend being a big one.

ew Lucky 15 - Knights Parade, Irish Cavalier, Bless The Wings, Roi Des Francs

£1.50 treble on Saphir Du Rheu, Glingerburn, Champagne Fever

Guest Roger Kint

Tempting to bet £50 on us going down. Will get £7500 back if we do :lol:

If i won any serious money today i would do that. Not at the stage of throwning it away just yet though :lol:

If i won any serious money today i would do that. Not at the stage of throwning it away just yet though :lol:

(Un?)fortunately you've already accrued enough points in that run you had before Christmas. If you had 4-5 less points I'd suspect you might be in real trouble.

Guest Roger Kint

(Un?)fortunately you've already accrued enough points in that run you had before Christmas. If you had 4-5 less points I'd suspect you might be in real trouble.

Yeah thats why i would have to use some big win to justify the gamble. The reality is i expect 15th/16th for us and maybe 1 or 2 wins. Not a bad bet if you have the cash to waste mind

Tomorrow looks a lot harder than today. Might not bother with a bet and just enjoy the days racing.

Going to have one bet - Glingerburn (2.15) £40 win. I thought the Kelso form was franked by Bristol De Mai's run yesterday and looks the safest option of the day for me.

Guest Roger Kint

Looks a good bet tbh, not a great deal in the race so would be something of a shock if t doesnt come good. Then again i had similar hopes for Arctic Fire :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

What a good start, Knights Parade showing quite nicely to get into it and gets clobbered out of it by a sideways running horse. Going to be one of those days.....