Chucky Ferreyra

ponsaelius

I do not understand what a footballer in the prime years of his career gains from moving to a club and never playing. It makes sense for someone to do him a favour and move him from Donetsk, so close to the border and embroiled in conflict, but surely there are many teams that could use his services. He is a 24 year old who sparingly played the season before, and has now spent an entire season training with youth players in a poorly run academy. What is the point? Was the fear for his immediate safety this severe? They had been training in Kiev.

The fact that Shakhtar have managed to play 23 games this season tells me the whole story was just an excuse to leave.

I'm guessing the 20+ players who have contributed in those 23 games didn't fear for their lives all season.

I can imagine there is a play x amount of games and you have to sign him in the loan agreement, Pardew/Carver look at him in training and think he's dogshit so too scared to play him or we'll have him permanently.

When Cisse is banned for 7 games, we're on a huge losing run and this guy cant even make the bench there is definitely something wrong.

As for the whole "injuries" he's had... Santon was "injured" but went straight into the Inter team and has played nearly 90 minutes in every game since.

Knowing Ashley though, he wouldn't be paying this guys wages to do nothing in return - I can imagine Shakhtar are paying his wages.

Like I've said, if the Fans Forum have any sense about them they should be asking the following:-

1. Why has he never played for the club despite being fit enough to do so and muddy his boots in the youth games?

2. Who is paying his wages? What loan fee did we pay to acquire him?

Ah knaa this post was a year ago, but I liked the bold part, given Shakhtar didn't play a single one of those games in Donetsk, and to this day they still haven't returned.

Aye, last nights game was played in Lviv which the commentators said was about 400 miles west of Donetsk.

• 2 years later...