Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The coaching and scouting team must know they put the ball to the front post every corner 

Why did we allow them two free headers that resulted in goals?

Because they're canny good and good at what they do, combined with us playing really badly at the back. Botman especially was atrocious tonight 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Because we're trying to nurse half of our squad back to full fitness :lol:

Playing with intensity (which we need to do both offensively and defensively) takes a lot of work, and is inherently risky.

I know it's boring, but we're going to be patchy at best until we get a robust squad back.

I really admire your tolerance and persistence. I don't think your audience is interested in dealing with the reality of our situation though, so mind you don't drive yourself crazy over the nonsense.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Because they're canny good and good at what they do, combined with us playing really badly at the back. Botman especially was atrocious tonight 

Everyone in the country knows what arsenal do with corners, and we've just given them 2 goals from them. 

There must have been something we could have done to stop them getting two free headers from corners

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Lads sometimes these matches happen. They happened under Keegan, Robson, Rafa et al. Arsenal were on it from the start to a level that it was obvious we couldn't handle it unless they tired. They didn't. 

KK lost only one PL game by three goals in three and a half seasons.  

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Looking at the league table, I’d say it’s about right for our squad, but the performances at times this season have been really concerning. 

I agree with this.

The midfield is clearly the issue, but I genuinely don't see how he does anything with the players available atm. We literally don't have a single player who can tackle, and zero pace in there. Hopefully Willock can get up to speed and stay fit.

Just now, UncleBingo said:

I agree with this.

The midfield is clearly the issue, but I genuinely don't see how he does anything with the players available atm. We literally don't have a single player who can tackle, and zero pace in there. Hopefully Willock can get up to speed and stay fit.

Longstaff being so out of form and no big Joe has killed us. Tonali being banned hasn't exactly helped

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

How can you be certain? Have you not seen us of late we are playing shite. 

It’s been his MO for awhile. The Bournemouth fan said that his teams always were very streaky. He showed that last season and for a bit in his first. It’s not a stretch at all to expect a decent winning streak from him in the last third of the season, especially with key players coming back to fitness.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Everyone in the country knows what arsenal do with corners, and we've just given them 2 goals from them. 

There must have been something we could have done to stop them getting two free headers from corners

I mean Botman is probably our best headerer of the ball on the pitch and he's in the middle of the goal marking no one? 

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

If we learned to hold onto the ball I'd hazard a guess our injuries wouldn't be half as bad as they are.

Except we were quite capable of holding on to the ball, before we got the injuries.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Does every fanbase not think this after it's happened? Not playing devil's advocate, but there's obviously a reason they're like 7 set piece goals clear of everyone else 

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Because we're trying to nurse half of our squad back to full fitness :lol:

Playing with intensity (which we need to do both offensively and defensively) takes a lot of work, and is inherently risky.

I know it's boring, but we're going to be patchy at best until we get a robust squad back.

People on here said it was down to fatigue and that we were playing multiple times a week.

Now we are playing once a week we are going with the nursing players back to full fitness excuse, despite playing pretty much the same defence and midfield every single week.

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I agree with this.

It's the most obvious thing in the world but apparently some people just can't see it.

It was all Burn's fault before and now he didn't play, it's because 5 at the back was the obvious solution.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Does every fanbase not think this after it's happened? Not playing devil's advocate, but there's obviously a reason they're like 7 set piece goals clear of everyone else 

Surely the coaching and scouting team need to plan for it though

Look at the clip of the first goal. It's a complete mismatch and Botman is left marking no one. Theyve had a whole week to plan this