Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Donut said:

This is drivel.

Yes I'm sure Guimaraes curses out FFP every night at home after training. Oh and we are still in the FA Cup btw.

Apart from the fact that our revenue grows each season, allowing us to grow. The massive investment we have made in young players, many of them who were tracked by the best teams around.  But no, we've reached our ceiling, can't believe somebody gets paid to write that shit.

1 minute ago, Orphanage said:

No i want you to explain why you had a go at someone for criticising Howes formation tonight 

go back and look at what i highlighted in bold man.

i agree we should have gone 5 at the back.

fuck man, its not even worth explaining. i really thought i'd made it obvious.

If the only tool in Eddies armoury is 4 3 3 then we wont be winning anything soon and he will never become an elite manager . Maybe this season hes found his level . Take one idea and beat it to death ...

I don’t think it’s controversial to think that EH has been great for us, but if we really want to compete with the big boys, we need someone else. I’m not saying this, btw. He’s still a young manager and one desperate to learn and grow. I do think that this summer is crucial. The squad needs to be improved to match the ambitions of our owners. I’m not fully confident it will happen, of course it’s depending on who we get in as DoF.

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

No i want an answer to the substantive point about Howes seeming inability to do anything other than 4 3 3 

you still dont get it?

go back and read the original post and comment.

4 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

No i want an answer to the substantive point about Howes seeming inability to do anything other than 4 3 3 

You missed the entire point of his post then, which is on you. But fair enough if you are whooshing us. We could use some levity 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

The issue isn’t playing 4-3-3, as many of the top team play with this formation.

The issue with our 4-3-3 is the shape of the midfield, which is set up to go almost man for man against the traditional midfield shape of the other clubs and we are coming off second best, whilst leaving Isak isolated.

Just now, Orphanage said:

If the only tool in Eddies armoury is 4 3 3 then we wont be winning anything soon and he will never become an elite manager . Maybe this season hes found his level . Take one idea and beat it to death ...

Tbh I feel like Klopp only really has a 433 in his toolbox. Now of his good Liverpool sides play anything else. 

I look at Klopps limitations as a manager and I see many of the same with Howe. I don’t think Klopp knows how to coach an elite defence. If he has enough elite defensive and midfield players it works brilliantly. But with Howe I don’t know what the ceiling is like. 

My hope is Howe does enough to be given a chance next season.  I’m not convinced he will.  The midfield gap has been a problem for as long a I can remember. This midfield 3 is awful and has been for months. He doesn’t seem to have a functioning plan B. We could finish 11th. He’ll not survive that. But I do feel like if he got 35+ games with most of the key personnel fit next season we’ll do very well. 

Like Klopp - if he can’t do what he really wants to do.  It’s bad.  

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

I don’t think it’s controversial to think that EH has been great for us, but if we really want to compete with the big boys, we need someone else. I’m not saying this, btw. He’s still a young manager and one desperate to learn and grow. I do think that this summer is crucial. The squad needs to be improved to match the ambitions of our owners. I’m not fully confident it will happen, of course it’s depending on who we get in as DoF.

I get this but at the minute he doesn’t seem to be learning. Persisting with Burn when he looks shot to bits, not changing formation despite the midfield not working at all. 

I mean we switched from a more traditional back 4 with Targett to a more isometric 3-2-3-1 in buildup with Burn for example, but the formation graph says 4-3-3 at the start of the game so Eddie only knows how to play one way...

We also went from a side playing dogged off the ball football, relying on a tree upfront to relieve pressure, to a more attacking side the next season, and an even more possession based side this season (before it went tits up)... actually think I'll just take Kaka's advice [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz