More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I never insult people on here. Can you please offer me the same courtesy?

Also Richarlison had 2 years left on his contract.

Richarlison £60m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Regular Brazilian international. 32 PL G/A last 2 seasons. 

Raphinha £50m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Emerging Brazilian international. Bidding war. 31 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Maddison. £45m??????. 25. 2 years left on his contract. English. 33 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Are there other "behind the scenes" factors - sure. But I think most people in English football would be surprised if he was sold this summer for a penny less than £50m.

Aye, cant see him going for less than 50M, probably with a decent up fromt payment

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Still frustrated with our transfer approach.

Cornet - really good fee for a problem position. We want to play funny buggers with how the deal is structured.

Maddison - £10m-£25m away from agreeing a fee.

If it’s true of course 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Cornet - really good fee for a problem position. We want to play funny buggers with how the deal is structured.

No one shows their hand in the opening negotiations. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

LFC could get him tomorrow if they wanted, but they are known for waiting patiently and adding to their squad when a priority arises. They knew Mane would be leaving hence Diaz and they were also going to potentially lose Salah, hence Nunez. That and he will be their main man once he leaves or starts to regress. Their priority from a good LFC pal of mine is Bellingham next season, but they fear City smashing them out of the water with a bid prior to that or next season too. Klopp does like Barnes, but they have more pressing priorities, namely a successor to van Djik and Henderson. 

I've also heard the Bellingham interest, and it sounds like it's already sorted via a gentleman's agreement. Absolutely gutted that it's gonna go through, he's probably one of my favourite non-NUFC players.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's 1st August.

When the Raphinha and Richarlison news broke. The transfer fees were close to what was eventually agreed. Same with Botman and Etikite.

There's still four and a half weeks if transfer window left.

Barca's initial bid for Raphinha was miles below Leeds alleged asking price.

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

That Hope article is just a rehash to be honest, nothing new in it at all.

Same as Douglas yesterday. At least Douglas had some news on Werner. If there is some development with Maddison Percy will be on it. Just ignore the rest in this case.

If we bid 35-40 and they want 60, seems like similar ages players/production values have trended towards the 50-55m range. Going by Hope's article that we won't pay 60 - there is clearly a deal to be had here. 

Guest HTT II

It’s not my money of course and no fan wants their club to overspend. But again, at some point we are going to have to pay over the odds if we want a player the scouts, analysts, manager and data show is a player the club would get something extra from. If we badly want Maddison and they are demanding 60m, we might just have to cave in and pay what they want. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I never insult people on here. Can you please offer me the same courtesy?

Also Richarlison had 2 years left on his contract.

Richarlison £60m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Regular Brazilian international. 32 PL G/A last 2 seasons. 

Raphinha £50m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Emerging Brazilian international. Bidding war. 31 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Maddison. £45m??????. 25. 2 years left on his contract. English. 33 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Are there other "behind the scenes" factors - sure. But I think most people in English football would be surprised if he was sold this summer for a penny less than £50m.

Feel like some of these prices are dictated by how much they're hyped in the media. 

I bet there's a correlation between how much media coverage they get and the cost of their transfer. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

We might prefer someone else though (Harrison maybe) and are just working on Cornet in the background as a backup, for the best price we can.

It could also purely just be a stall tactic, we know we could activate his clause, and eventually will if we don't land our primary target, but are letting the agents know of our interest so he doesn't join Everton until later on in the window.

I could just be talking shite and everything I've said could be way off. I can only assume that anything we're doing is carefully planned and we'll be well prepared for the season.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

22 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Feel like some of these prices are dictated by how much they're hyped in the media. 

I bet there's a correlation between how much media coverage they get and the cost of their transfer. 

How much media do Leeds get in Barcelona?

I genuinely think there's a Brazilian tax akin to an English tax.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Better than any of us, that's for sure.

How do you know this? We've already been interested and bid for players and not met the asking price and walked away. The reports are suggesting that's another possibility here.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We might prefer someone else though (Harrison maybe) and are just working on Cornet in the background as a backup, for the best price we can.

It could also purely just be a stall tactic, we know we could activate his clause, and eventually will if we don't land our primary target, but are letting the agents know of our interest so he doesn't join Everton until later on the window.

I could just be talking shite and everything I've said could be way off. I can only assume that anything we're doing is carefully planned and we'll be well prepared for the season.

We are already not well prepared for the season.

That's my core frustration. It's already not in a good place and some on here have their heads in the sand. Howe has used the same word.

Yes - it does look like we are "exploring options" but I prefer a more decisive transfer approach. Still links to Harrison but things seem to be progressing slowly if at all. Cornet - yeh we're measuring it up etc.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

How much media do Leeds get in Barcelona?

I genuinely think there's a Brazilian tax akin to an English tax.

How do you know this? We've already been interested and bid for players and not met the asking price and walked away. The reports are suggesting that's another possibility here.

That's because we will have a price we will pay and stick to that. I don't know, maybe he's really bad at this stuff, but we hired Ashworth because he's meant to be one of the best in the country. I just think he's probably more qualified than you or me.