More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It's based on my entire adult life following football. 

Why do people assume that because you haven't worked in the football industry or as a football agent your opinion is worth nothing.

I'm not a mechanic nor have I ever trained as one or worked in a garage. However I am more than capable of servicing and repairing my car. Knowledge isn't limited to your working life.

I understand you think you're funny and that's fine but your whole point makes no sense. My assertion wasn't "ultra confident" , hence why I used the word "imagine" it implies some doubt.

Could you elaborate on why you think signing Madison or Werner would be easy, as opposed to potential transfer deals that you think would be hard?

16 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He’s the best misser of chances I’ve seen for a long time

That’s just confidence he’s proved he can put chances away. It’s clearly not worked at Chelsea. 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Just going off what folks are saying on here. I don't mind us move forward and changing formation or style of play as long as it was planned, but changing a winning formula to accommodate signings isn't for me. Likewise playing players out of position (mind it didn't do Joelinton any harm)

I haven't watched enough of Howe to know what he's thinking. I just hope these are his signings and if any transitions are incoming, then they are on his terms. 

I would have liked a full on striker and winger, but this does make us more rigid and maybe Howe has bigger plans. 

Definitely. There is no way we are signing players without a plan that they fit into. 

I honestly think we would go with what we have got rather than deviate from howes plans, which are always very premeditated and detailed to the extreme.

Just now, Bompeter said:

Yeah, good job I was very specifically talking about an assertion on how easy a transfer deal would be to make then, not whether it would be a good or desirable thing for it to happen not.

‘Could’ & ‘I imagine’. Just a weird one to jump on and pointlessly dismiss. 

That’s aside from the obvious point that unless you have first hand experience of elite transfer deals yourself then you’re dismissing his baseless assertion based on…fuck all.

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

Could you elaborate on why you think signing Madison or Werner would be easy, as opposed to potential transfer deals that you think would be hard?

No

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Definitely. There is no way we are signing players without a plan that they fit into. 

I honestly think we would go with what we have got rather than deviate from howes plans, which are always very premeditated and detailed to the extreme.

Probably me just not used to us having any kind of plan, nevermind the club trusting the manager. :lol:

Edited by Dokko

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Probably me just not used to us having any kind of plan, nevermind the club trusting the manager. :lol:

It is an odd feeling indeed! Will take time to get used to it. Think everything will be measured now in decision making.

Edited by toontownman

Just now, BoSelecta said:

That’s aside from the obvious point that unless you have first hand experience of elite transfer deals yourself then you’re dismissing his baseless assertion based on…fuck all.

No, that’s poor logic. I don’t know anything about astrophysics but if some  bloke down the pub said travelling at light speed is easy I could rightly dismiss his assertion as baseless, even though we both lack any expertise.

Any way I don’t want to upset anyone on a Sunday evening, crack on :smitten:

4 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

No, that’s poor logic. I don’t know anything about astrophysics but if some  bloke down the pub said travelling at light speed is easy I could rightly dismiss his assertion as baseless, even though we both lack any expertise.

Any way I don’t want to upset anyone on a Sunday evening, crack on :smitten:

Fair play 

It was noticeable in one of the Austria games (the second I think?) that we were very much 4-3-3 out of possession, but when we had the ball Anderson was pushing up into more of a #10 position. 

If we pull off a deal for Maddison I can see him playing that same role.

51 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Maddison and Werner would be superb.

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Targett

Maddison Bruno Joelinton

Werner   Wilson   ASM

Don't know about you but I'd say that's fairly realistic. Werner on loan with option to buy (Pay a % his wages). Maddison in for £50m.  Both of these deals could easily be done in the next few weeks I'd imagine.

It's Joe and Bruno deeper with maddison as an am. I think Eddie has been seeing if this would work, especially vs atalanta and it did. We used to play Joe a bit more advanced but on the left to cover ASM but ASM doesn't look like he needs as much protection now as he seems to have bought into what Eddie wants. 

Edited by relámpago blanco

Like this:

Bruno

Joelinton

Maddison

Without the ball you are expected to stick to the team plan anyway.

That midfield three has everything. Skill, ingenuity, pace, strength, combativeness, aggression, balance, short passing, long passing, goals, assists. Maddison would be an amazing signing. Trying not to believe it's possible. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

That midfield three has everything. Skill, ingenuity, pace, strength, combativeness, aggression, balance, short passing, long passing, goals, assists. Maddison would be an amazing signing. Trying not to believe it's possible. 

I think it'll happen and if it does, that's GK, Defence and Midfield as good as I could wish for at this stage in our journey.  Add in someone who can play wide right and that's one hell of  a side.  Not top 4 or anything, probably not top 6 but best of the rest maybe.  It's hard to work out how we will do as a couple of additions in the areas we lacked 2nd half of last season whereby we accumulated the (3rd/4th) most points.

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Weird how none of these twitter accounts and journalists didn’t have a clue about the Maddison bid and now seemingly everyone knows something about how much we’re prepared to go and if Leicester will sell. 

Without being really boring, that’s sort of how journalism works.

They don’t receive the full story in one account, they hear a small detail and then follow it up through as many as they can.

Their sources often don’t notify them of the initial story but will happily confirm/deny it’s existence or provide slightly more detail, such as a price.

Waugh’s source at NUFC might not want the deal to have been public knowledge, so wouldn’t have told him. But as soon as someone else leaked it, it may be to their advantage to say “we’ll only go up to 40m”, to put pressure on Leicester to do a deal.

13 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Without being really boring, that’s sort of how journalism works.

They don’t receive the full story in one account, they hear a small detail and then follow it up through as many as they can.

Their sources often don’t notify them of the initial story but will happily confirm/deny it’s existence or provide slightly more detail, such as a price.

Waugh’s source at NUFC might not want the deal to have been public knowledge, so wouldn’t have told him. But as soon as someone else leaked it, it may be to their advantage to say “we’ll only go up to 40m”, to put pressure on Leicester to do a deal.

The problem is now that fans will be hankering for a regular update. This will lead to a series of a non-updates as said journalists haven't heard anything new but want to cash in on the engagement. Further to that you'll get a series of non-reliable journalists and "ITKs" chucking trash out that'll be taken as gospel by some. These things can be fun to discuss, particularly while there's no football, but when fans get emotionally invested they can seem drawn out and tedious.