Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Yaron said:

I think no one will be satisfied with 

Szoboszlai Thuram Kelly Tosin Alex Scott

The two first would transform our midfield so its a very good start.

Just now, Menace said:

Can play left/right/am/ss

What’s his best position? Ideally don’t what to be spending huge amounts on someone and then not have him play in his best position.

2 hours ago, Yaron said:

Szoboszlai, Thuram, Kelly, Tosin, Alex Scott

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like a good window.

Would be a terrific window. My only concern with Szoboszlai is the “Bundesliga attacking player” inflation.

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Honestly, that '40 tweet' thread from Kev has really annoyed me. I've only read the opening tweet and I just know it's going to be a load of wordy nonsense. 

:lol: this sounds like a “you” problem more than a Kev problem 

39 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Nico Williams name seems to crop up frequently.

Supposedly he was our back up to Gordon in January (Gordon above him at the time due to prem experience).

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

What’s his best position? Ideally don’t what to be spending huge amounts on someone and then not have him play in his best position.

His best position is everywhere.

image.thumb.png.0481878166228a46a26ee4131ec233d2.png

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

Would be a terrific window. My only concern with Szoboszlai is the “Bundesliga attacking player” inflation.

Try and catch an RB Leipzig game, he is really good. He's tall, strong, quick and technically gifted.

Seen him a number of times against prem teams in the Champions League and he was still doing what he typically does. Was also really good against England for Hungary.

29 minutes ago, vexred said:

Waste of money. Plenty of DM we could get in the £40-50m range. 

Not better than Rice. He's about as sure a bet that he'd be an 8 or 9 out of 10 signing before even kicking a ball. You wouldn't need to worry about sell-on value because we'd never want to move him on and he'd be the best in his position for the next 8-10 years. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not better than Rice. He's about as sure a bet that he'd be an 8 or 9 out of 10 signing before even kicking a ball. You wouldn't need to worry about sell-on value because we'd never want to move him on and he'd be the best in his position for the next 8-10 years. 

Rice would be perfect, but is there any realistic chance that he comes here? I could see it in a year or two, just not convinced we can make those sort of moves right now.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Rice would be perfect, but is there any realistic chance that he comes here? I could see it in a year or two, just not convinced we can make those sort of moves right now.

I think it's one of those that the club would make happen if they thought he'd be interested (like Isak). 

I would love Rice but ultimately it makes zero sense to spend 100m on one player, where we are right now.

That's close to the same money we paid for Botman, Bruno, Tripper and Burn combined.

When we are down to a case where we need 1/2 special players to complete our team, fine, let's go get a player like Rice. Realistically, we are 2 seasons away from that situation.

I know it feels like a Rice or Bellingham are available now but there will be a new wonder kid/special talent on the horizon in 2 years time. We need to hold our nerve and not lose focus.

I want a squad of around 13/14 elite players, right now I make it:

Trippier

Botman

Bruno

Isak

Joelinton

Wilson (just about)

By my reckoning, we can get 3 this summer and some players with potential.