Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Google seems to agree with you tbf. Makes sense that he was a Gordon alternative at that price.

Still think it'll be a difficult signing to pull off - rare that Athletic players move on so early in their careers.

I think that we were looking to get one of them in January, but to eventually have both, as they play opposite sides.

In La Liga once a release clause is met that's that. You don't even contact the club in question you just approach the football federation regarding paying the clause and you can then negotiate with the player.

Edited by KaKa

20 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd like us to sign a new right winger, like Diaby etc....

Then sell ASM and replace him with someone like Barnes or even Harrison if they go down.

ASM is unreliable. Class on his day, but unreliable.

Replacing ASM with someone like Harrison isn't something a CL club should do. Not that convinced about Barnes either tbh.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Replacing ASM with someone like Harrison isn't something a CL club should do. Not that convinced about Barnes either tbh.

Well he needs replacing by someone. :thup:

1 minute ago, Pata said:

:thdn:

Oh wey, we can just have a cheerleader in the treatment room, who comes back every six weeks, takes a fortnight to get back up to speed, gives us 3 class games and then gets injured again.

That's what CL clubs do. Pep and Klopp would have him out on his arse ASAP. We've no place for carrying mavericks.

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think it will be Antonee Robinson signed at left back and Brennan Johnson for the right side attacker.

Antonee’s not going to take us up another level. He’s got great pace and is like offer a lot going forward but he’s not an amazing defender. Whoever we get at LB needs to be either already very good at both ends of the pitch or destined to be very good at both ends

LB is going to be the hardest position to recruit. Finding a good defender is fine, finding a flying full back is fine but you rarely find both.

Need our scouting team to be on the ball.

Tierney might be the best bet, if he can prove his fitness.

22 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Antonee’s not going to take us up another level. He’s got great pace and is like offer a lot going forward but he’s not an amazing defender. Whoever we get at LB needs to be either already very good at both ends of the pitch or destined to be very good at both ends

I’m not saying he is someone I would pick but I think Howe will look for Premier League experience in that position and Robinson ticks a lot of boxes in terms of experience and age, as well as being someone he can develop.

while not being a flashy signing he will be a decent upgrade on Burn at left back and will bring more balance to the whole team.

He's never looked anything like a player who can play at that level to me when I've seen him mind. 

Not even sure he's better than Targett tbh.

Edited by ponsaelius

51 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh wey, we can just have a cheerleader in the treatment room, who comes back every six weeks, takes a fortnight to get back up to speed, gives us 3 class games and then gets injured again.

That's what CL clubs do. Pep and Klopp would have him out on his arse ASAP. We've no place for carrying mavericks.

Richie, Dummet, Lewis, Fraser, manquillo, etc etc. 

We have a heap of players that barely touch grass but ASM is the one that’s got to go?

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Richie, Dummet, Lewis, Fraser, manquillo, etc etc. 

We have a heap of players that barely touch grass but ASM is the one that’s got to go?

He’s the only one that would potentially make decent money for us. At some point, we will have to be selling players to make money and also improve our FFP figures (as all other top clubs do), as well as improving the squad at the same time. Ritchie and Dummett are both out of contract this summer. Can’t see Fraser or Lewis making any money for us.