Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Undisclosed fee for Rice but I reckon 8m ish, wages are another matter. Would be up a height if we got him

If Rice does go to Arsenal I think it would give us a decent shot at signing Moises Caicedo. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s the only one that would potentially make decent money for us. At some point, we will have to be selling players to make money and also improve our FFP figures (as all other top clubs do), as well as improving the squad at the same time. Ritchie and Dummett are both out of contract this summer. Can’t see Fraser or Lewis making any money for us. 

That wasn’t the argument STM made. If it’s purely a fund raising operation then sure. He’ll bring in money cause he’s a valuable asset. 

6 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

That wasn’t the argument STM made. If it’s purely a fund raising operation then sure. He’ll bring in money cause he’s a valuable asset. 

The more time he spends on the treatment table, the less valuable an asset he’ll be, to us or any team wanting to take a chance on him.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Oh wey, we can just have a cheerleader in the treatment room, who comes back every six weeks, takes a fortnight to get back up to speed, gives us 3 class games and then gets injured again.

That's what CL clubs do. Pep and Klopp would have him out on his arse ASAP. We've no place for carrying mavericks.

2 hours ago, STM said:

LB is going to be the hardest position to recruit. Finding a good defender is fine, finding a flying full back is fine but you rarely find both.

Need our scouting team to be on the ball.

Tierney might be the best bet, if he can prove his fitness.

Inside 3 minutes you are saying we need to get rid of ASM due to his fitness and go buy Kieran Tierney. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Pata said:

Inside 3 minutes you are saying we need to get rid of ASM due to his fitness and go buy Kieran Tierney. :lol:

I also said if he can prove his fitness. If he can't then we shouldn't buy him. ASM can't prove his fitness. He's a waste of a shirt.

If he has a season next year where he plays 25+ games, I will be the first to admit I'm wrong. 

Eddie Howe will sell ASM IMO. If he does, will you still say its incorrect decision?

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

Richie, Dummet, Lewis, Fraser, manquillo, etc etc. 

We have a heap of players that barely touch grass but ASM is the one that’s got to go?

ASM is a saleable asset and yes, we should let all of them go. We will get pennies for them.

If Howe wants to keep Dummett around for his off field influence, I won't argue with that.

And just to be clear, I wouldn't want to lose ASM without a replacement. I suggested Harvey Barnes if Leicester go down, that's how the conversation began. Harvey Barnes hasn't got the ability ASM does but he'd contribute waaaay more over a 50+ game season.

47 minutes ago, STM said:

I also said if he can prove his fitness. If he can't then we shouldn't buy him. ASM can't prove his fitness. He's a waste of a shirt.

If he has a season next year where he plays 25+ games, I will be the first to admit I'm wrong. 

Eddie Howe will sell ASM IMO. If he does, will you still say its incorrect decision?

ASM in league games:

22/23: 21 appearances so far

21/22: 35 appearances

20/21: 25 appearances

19/20: 26 appearances

18/19: 34 appearances

17/18: 31 appearances

16/17: 34 appearances

He'll likely hit your non-crock limit of 25 appearances even this season in the league. :lol:

Edited by Pata

By the end of May, ASM will have missed around a third of the season in three of the four that he's been here. That's hopelessly unreliable for an otherwise key player, even if it doesn't qualify as 'crock'. Pre-NUFC means nowt, he's had near-constant muscular issues here ever since he signed, even when he's been fit enough to play. 

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

Just watched a highlights vid of this chap and he’s an unbelievably pure finisher, every type of goal. Scored 4 at the weekend too. They were just saying on the Totally Euro pod he’s second only to Mbappe for goals to his age ever in L1.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Jefferson Lerma on a free linked 

Can't see this one happening. Just being linked because Howe bought him when he was at Bournemouth maybe?

Pretty average ball winning midfielder that commits a lot of fouls and isn't very good with the ball, as his touch and passing are not the best.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't see this one happening. Just being linked because Howe bought him when he was at Bournemouth maybe?

Pretty average ball winning midfielder that commits a lot of fouls and isn't very good with the ball, as his touch and passing are not the best.

Yeah I can’t see it, would add depth but not much else 

14 hours ago, Pata said:

ASM in league games:

22/23: 21 appearances so far

21/22: 35 appearances

20/21: 25 appearances

19/20: 26 appearances

18/19: 34 appearances

17/18: 31 appearances

16/17: 34 appearances

He'll likely hit your non-crock limit of 25 appearances even this season in the league. :lol:

The missing context here is how much more intensive our style has become since Howe though, you can see the trend in ASMs availability since Eddies arrival is on a downwards slide already. The way we play has a huge impact on players with susceptibility to their fitness, especially when they have a history of muscle injuries.

Fair point, up until Howe he has a good record of consistent appearances. I personally don’t think this is the right place for him to be anymore though, he just isn’t suited to an intense high press and he will continue to get injured (I’d also argue that mentally I think he doesn’t quite fit either but that’s another story). With age and the accumulation of injuries it will only get worse from here, not better. 

Edited by Nine

ASM is still a massive player for us, Eddie's not daft he wouldn't sell, he's just been unfortunate this season with injuries, Wilson is the same, but still managed his best goal return in a season and on course to increase it.

Thing with Maxi is even when fit he never looks 100%. Even at his best he struggles to make 90 minutes. I’ve been a big defender of his, but I don’t think it’s going to work for him here.

If someone bid £40m+ I'd snap their hands off. This summer it's going to be important to move a lot of players on, but also bring in a bit of money to add to the budget. 

17 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

He's never looked anything like a player who can play at that level to me when I've seen him mind. 

Not even sure he's better than Targett tbh.

More dynamic going forward than Targett, and faster, but Targett is far more solid defensively. 

Robinson’s found his level imo.