Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it's one of those that the club would make happen if they thought he'd be interested (like Isak). 

That's the other thing, is there any indication that he would be interested, given that just about every top club will want him?

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it's one of those that the club would make happen if they thought he'd be interested (like Isak). 

Rumours are Mac Allister is off to Liverpool (why isn't it MacAllister ?) and Rice is off to Arsenal.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Rumours are Mac Allister is off to Liverpool (why isn't it MacAllister ?) and Rice is off to Arsenal.

This is what I mean. I really don't want to get too excited about a player until I know that we are his number one destination. For all we didn't sign Paqueta, I always thought that was a deal we could do if we wanted. Rice feels like one of those which is still a year too early.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Rice would be perfect, but is there any realistic chance that he comes here? I could see it in a year or two, just not convinced we can make those sort of moves right now.

Think it will come down to who actually makes the move, because of the big fee some teams might not act as quickly. This would be where our chance is, I'd imagine we would put an offer in below the crazy valuations if we were to and then you'd just have to hope WH think it's not worth the risk to reject it.

Think the problem could be wages. My outlook is we signed Isak and that is madness to me, so who knows what might happen with CL.

Does he play alot of games for Man City? Would he want to go to a crazy club like Chelsea? Man U have Casemiro. Spurs, lol. Arsenal I guess would be the obvious choice. Don't think Liverpool are interested?

I can't see him going abroad so if we want him we'd have a half decent chance imo.

I wouldn't be happy if we spent 100+ on Rice. That would be probably more than half of our transfer budget. Amadou Onana and Roméo Lavia would both do a great job. Both young and both should be reasonably priced coming from likely relegated teams. We need a first team LB, CB, DM and RW/striker to cope with all the games we'll have.

@Kid Icarus:lol:

@madrasthought Rice was going to Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, vexred said:

I wouldn't be happy if we spent 100+ on Rice. That would be probably more than half of our transfer budget. Amadou Onana and Roméo Lavia would both do a great job. Both young and both should be reasonably priced coming from likely relegated teams. We need a first team LB, CB, DM and RW/striker to cope with all the games we'll have.

@Kid Icarus:lol:

@madrasthought Rice was going to Chelsea.

Lavia has a buy-back clause at Chelsea I think.

Just now, 54 said:

He signed a new deal after January didn't he?

He did but he was absolutely desperate to leave. I reckon a compromise will have been made. He gets a better deal, Brighton get a better sale price and they get to hold onto him longer. Would be surprised to see him there in September

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Nico Williams name seems to crop up frequently.

Could absolutely see this. Within range on both (presumed) price and wages, and playing style/attributes would appear to fit our system.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is what I mean. I really don't want to get too excited about a player until I know that we are his number one destination. For all we didn't sign Paqueta, I always thought that was a deal we could do if we wanted. Rice feels like one of those which is still a year too early.

As we’re a year early in the planning at least!  :tobey:

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Could absolutely see this. Within range on both (presumed) price and wages, and playing style/attributes would appear to fit our system.

Yep fuck Diaby. This guy please!

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Would love to have him on the right

I think Nico Williams does not fit eddie’s style. He does less defensive work than ASM. 
He is “electric” going forward when he is on his game, but is utter garbage at covering runners, blocking passing lanes and general harrassment of opposition when they have the ball.

28 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’d rather we just keep ASM and spend our money on other problem positions first 

Right wing is our biggest problem position imo.

Edited by SUPERTOON

I'd like us to sign a new right winger, like Diaby etc....

Then sell ASM and replace him with someone like Barnes or even Harrison if they go down.

ASM is unreliable. Class on his day, but unreliable.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Nico has a buyout clause doesn't he? Anybody know what it is - because there's no way Bilbao will be selling him without it being paid.

He does on FM (I know, I know...) think it was about £41m. 

EDIT: Most articles when he's been linked to Liverpool and Villa the last year says €50m so about £44m.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Google seems to agree with you tbf. Makes sense that he was a Gordon alternative at that price.

Still think it'll be a difficult signing to pull off - rare that Athletic players move on so early in their careers.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

His buyout is 50 million according to the article 

50 million Euros I believe.

And so in and around the £40 million mark