Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Think Vitor Roque, Evan Ferguson or some other absolutely top CF prospect is the way to go. Someone young enough that they'll be OK with being rotated quite a bit but someone you also reckon would more than hold their own if needed to be the main man.

Guess it depends on the long term plan for Isak. I do like the idea of him on the left, but with a bit more freedom. I wonder if maybe we could end up in something of a hybrid between a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-1-1. 

In Joelinton and Willock you have two players who we know are ideal for the role of LCM player who gets out wide quite a lot. In Gordon, Almiron and Murphy we have RW options that will really put in the work and allow Isak to have less responsibility to track back.

IMG_20230507_063131.thumb.jpg.1af4e8feb14a1ed29be430bb409c1642.jpg

Joelinton could obviously be used in place of either Longstaff or Willock, there'll be new additions too.

I don't know, maybe the plan is for Isak to be the main man at CF and Wilson backing him up and providing a change up like how we've seen them used together this year...

I guess ultimately I just think having two top quality goalscorers in the team is better and Isak on the left gives real potential for that.

Edited by Shak
Failure

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

Isak showing up all over the place on my computer :lol: 

Mine too, gave up and went to sleep. :lol:

This anyway!

IMG_20230507_063131.thumb.jpg.0f3ac5212ec870a3ded018116ad7d142.jpg

Edited by Shak

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Looks like he has some technical ability.

No doubt about that. Has to be given proper game time at a good level though. Maybe a buy with a season's loan back to Fener is the best idea, though I don't know if we go in for that sort of deal.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

No doubt about that. Has to be given proper game time at a good level though. Maybe a buy with a season's loan back to Fener is the best idea, though I don't know if we go in for that sort of deal.

I think we will see loads of these types of deals. We want a catalogue of good young players, who could potentially step up to the first team. 

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Stating the obvious but a top quality right winger has to be the priority this summer 

Plus a LB, I hate seeing Burn plod up the pitch. I'd rather see us just go into a solid back three and stay like that.

I want us to qualify for the CL more to see the new players we get than playing in the competition as it stands.

To be honest I doubt any of our wide men are going to be good enough long term, I wouldn’t be sad to see us sell and replace as many as we can this summer. Almiron’s hot streak covered up real deficiencies.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Will not happen as he signed a new deal, but I'd sell Almiron for anything north of 20m.

If the right offer came in, I wouldn't rule out a surprise here. But probably not.

The thing with Almiron is the lack of right foot lets him down constantly. He always looks to cut back or slows the attack down as he doesn’t want to get his head down, make space and cross it. I prefer Murphy on the right as he can do both as today demonstrated. I know he’s not the answer and I think both are easily replaced 

How much did Man U spunk on Antony 80 million ? We definitely need a little bit more quality in midfield/wide areas, but I’d be a bit wary about binning off players who’ve had a great season when we need a big squad next year. 

Midfielder to add more control and solidity.

Top quality right winger.

First choice left back.

Right sided centre back with recovery pace (ideally who could also play RB)

I'd go big on all these, particularly the first three as first teamers.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Midfielder to add more control and solidity.

Top quality right winger.

First choice left back.

Right sided centre back with recovery pace (ideally who could also play RB)

I'd go big on all these, particularly the first three as first teamers.

Crying out for a CB in the mould of a Rudiger. Our CBs are insanely slow. I’d sign Lavia for mid if it was up to me 

3 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Plus a LB, I hate seeing Burn plod up the pitch. I'd rather see us just go into a solid back three and stay like that.

I want us to qualify for the CL more to see the new players we get than playing in the competition as it stands.

LB first priority for me. Burn does Burn stuff well and even with a new LB he'll play a big part next season too, but we'd benefit so much by having someone with more pace and better ball control opposite side of Trippier to stretch teams more.

Just now, Conjo said:

LB first priority for me. Burn does Burn stuff well and even with a new LB he'll play a big part next season too, but we'd benefit so much by having someone with more pace and better ball control opposite side of Trippier to stretch teams more.

Yes, assuming that Targett doesn't miraculously become the man, I'd like us to get the best left back money can buy. Would open up so many other options for us.