Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

PLEASE add to this. We could do something great this season.

Aye. And I count myself squarely among the "we're here to build slowly, let's do that" crowd, but 1 or 2 more really would elevate us.

Still think top 6 would require some serious luck but I've seen enough in 3 games now to believe it's more like "winning bingo" odds than "winning euromillions" odds.

Edited by thomas

7 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Howay Maddison, leave the sinking ship, hoy a request in and break on through...to the other side

Doubt he'd be keen on joining us just to warm the bench. ;)

40 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wasn’t kidding at all, that performance and atmosphere surely makes players take note 

Especially if you've already been targeted. 

If you watched that performance today, it would have been impossible to miss the potential this club has with the backers we've got.

31 minutes ago, Elephant said:

We played excellent football and we have a chance to be really high this season, if we get the right players in.

Absolutely brilliant performance which shows that we have a really high potential with this manager and this starting XI.

It’s you own misery that you thought something like that. I’m sure many thought like me, that we have such a great potential here that with few great additions and we are pure class. With better players in we would have won that game.

Edit. It’s my bad actually, should have been more positive.

To be fair you weren't wrong lol

Our team spirit, tactics and preparation are top 4 worthy.

Our starting 11 is top 6 worthy.

Our bench..... is full of committed professionals (but is bottom 5 worthy).

3 games in and I'm coming round to the idea that what we need is a versatile forward and a CM, rather than a forward and a RW/RWF.  Partly this is due to my own desire to see Willock tried as a RW/RWF and partly it is due to how we struggled to hold possession in the middle against Brighton and City.

4 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Add Paqueta instead of Willock in there today and we’d hold on to that lead. 
Add another striker instead of Wood and we could have got a 4th

Can you point to exactly where Joe Willock was responsible for any of their goals? 

Like, Paqueta is a much better player, but let's not be like that.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Can you point to exactly where Joe Willock was responsible for any of their goals? 

Aye, struggled with that too. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

It looked like he left Gundogan free to run into the box for their first, but I can't be sure. That's not the point I came to make, though.

He was effective at bringing the ball out in the first half, but at 3-1 we could have done with somebody  dictating possession in their half. 

I like Willock and hope he has a bright future. I also don't think his performances warrant any particular criticism, but we need something different from time to time.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

yeah even wood put in a half decent shift when he came on.

I'm absolutely desperate for us to add to this squad now. We're on the cusp of a legitimate breakthrough here, top 6 is well within reach with just a few additions. I really hope we can do the necessary before the window closes. 

We are so fucking close right now. Add 2 or 3 more players of quality into the squad and we're almost there, the bench today was pretty rank tbh. Good coaching, sensible management and better medical team with a bit of luck on the injury front and we've nearly got a very good squad. 

I still feel that we lack the depth in the key attacking positions (ST, LW/RW and even CM) that just 2 injuries would seriously damage our chances of pushing for 6th. Just think its likely a step to far at this point even with a couple more additions.. 2 more successful windows and we could be looking good for the European spots though.

Edited by Nine

Pope

Trippier

Botman

Schar

Targett

Bruno

Joelinton

New (DM, CM, AM take your pick)

ASM

Wilson

New RM

leaves a bench from:

Dubravka

Burn

Willock

Almiron

Shelvey

Wood

Krafth

Fraser

Murphy

Longstaff

Anderson

Ritchie

Lascelles

plus any other back ups to Wilson. Need a bench of 9 and ideally a few different decent options to bring off the bench. Every one of us can see it but if those new players don't come in and we do get a few injuries then we're looking pretty thin. It's almost there, would be a hell of a shame to not push it as far as we possible dare financially, get them in.