Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think it's going to be a busy end to the window for us. We'll have a few bids on the table which clubs haven't completely turned down in hope someone else tops it or we come back higher and a few will blink as other moves are made. I don't see us being in a weak position, especially if we get JP in next week, that would take the pressure off. 

I have a sneaky suspicion we've got Paqueta lined up but want to play poverty to the end of the window to try and strengthen our hand in other deals. 

3 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Our team spirit, tactics and preparation are top 4 worthy.

Our starting 11 is top 6 worthy.

Our bench..... is full of committed professionals (but is bottom 5 worthy).

3 games in and I'm coming round to the idea that what we need is a versatile forward and a CM, rather than a forward and a RW/RWF.  Partly this is due to my own desire to see Willock tried as a RW/RWF and partly it is due to how we struggled to hold possession in the middle against Brighton and City.

I agree, being able to control possession and tempo in a game is more important than upgrading Almiron.

I love Miggy but yes a quality alternative is needed, however with his work rate and improvement, a top CM is more vital.

We have the most depth in defence but the strongest part of our team is the midfield 3.

Bruno and Joelinton would get in to every team in the league that play a 3 man midfield bar Man City.

If we could somehow add a Paqueta or DM we could really attack the top 6. My preference would be a DM over Paqueta as Bruno is better as one of the 8's.

When one of Jo or Bruno are unavailable, I think we'll see a fairly big drop off but adding another midfielder will mitigate that.

These people creaming for Paqueta, how many of them have seen him play? Ultimately a very good player but he's also a total wild card in how he adapts to English football. 

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

New name ? Any ideas what he’s like @KaKa @McCormick

He's been linked before.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/kouadio-kone-a-diamond-in-the-rough/

At his best, he's like Yves Bissouma had a baby with Joelinton (2022 midfielder Joelinton). But he's still very much a breakout player - raw and far from the finished article.

And if this is true, we can see the pattern of our scouting priorities. We aren't looking at "the finished articles" just yet - they cost too much, and would be unwilling to come to us. We're on the hunt for these young unpolished gems (some with very obvious perceived flaws like Joao Pedro- not prolific), and put them through the Eddie Howe system and integrate them slowly and well, and build up their value. Very much aiming to be the PL version of Dortmund.

41 minutes ago, Emotic said:

He's been linked before.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/kouadio-kone-a-diamond-in-the-rough/

At his best, he's like Yves Bissouma had a baby with Joelinton (2022 midfielder Joelinton). But he's still very much a breakout player - raw and far from the finished article.

And if this is true, we can see the pattern of our scouting priorities. We aren't looking at "the finished articles" just yet - they cost too much, and would be unwilling to come to us. We're on the hunt for these young unpolished gems (some with very obvious perceived flaws like Joao Pedro- not prolific), and put them through the Eddie Howe system and integrate them slowly and well, and build up their value. Very much aiming to be the PL version of Dortmund.

That's fine by me.

To think that we matched Man City for 90 minutes yesterday and we are primed to push on and challenge the top 6, however we are unable to do that because the elite teams in Europe have a set of rules ( that everyone must follow apart from them ) that prevents us from doing so.

I'd be happy if we finish top 8. But I'd really like us to add at least 2 or 3 quality players so that we can have a real go, at least for the Carabao League Cup so our current players don't need to play every match but instead, be on rotation for cup games and be fresh for PL games.

Edited by nufcjb

Yesterday’s game, and result, will have been seen by many who wouldn’t normally watch NUFC. Won’t hurt at all in swaying decision making about whether to come to this dubiously owned, perennially struggling Northern English outpost. Great advert for those we’ve already expressed interest in and a seed planted (with more to come) for future interests.