Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I know we obviously have our value metrics etc but I find it strange went up to 42 million for Maddison but not anywhere near that for Harrison. No doubt in my mind who the better player is (Maddison) but equally I think Harrison would be a better fit tactically and personality wise for what we need and what Howe wants for the team. The more I've seen us play and the way Harrison has started the season - I think he'd have fitted in like a glove and given us great balance. 

We should have gone in with a proper offer much earlier on in the window. I don't think they'll even consider selling now.

Edited by ponsaelius

Yesterday showcased Harrison's potential, but that's by far the best he's played for Leeds. He needs to be more consistent week in, week out.

I do like him though, I know our values will be very data driven, but based on the eye test he isn't worth more than £30 million. It seems a bit redundant anyway, as soon as they sold Raph they were always going to be reluctant sellers.

Our recruitment team from Howe to Ashworth are targeting the right players/characters. Trust them.

Even if we don't sign anyone else this window (think we will), they will get the right ones in eventually.

Just now, Zero said:

Leeds looks like having a good chance to have a go at top 8 this season. They won’t sell any more players. Move on

No chance they’ll be top 8 this season, be amazed if they make top half. They’ve had a good start but let’s remember they were in a relegation battle last season and they’ve lost their best player 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

No chance they’ll be top 8 this season, be amazed if they make top half. They’ve had a good start but let’s remember they were in a relegation battle last season and they’ve lost their best player 

marsch seems to be doing good things down there though imo, they've added a few pieces that might work out nicely

don't expect them to be fighting relegation personally

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

marsch seems to be doing good things down there though imo, they've added a few pieces that might work out nicely

don't expect them to be fighting relegation personally

Sure, I think they’ll finish 12th-14th

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yesterday showcased Harrison's potential, but that's by far the best he's played for Leeds. He needs to be more consistent week in, week out.

I do like him though, I know our values will be very data driven, but based on the eye test he isn't worth more than £30 million. It seems a bit redundant anyway, as soon as they sold Raph they were always going to be reluctant sellers.

To Leeds? It was always going to be  £35m-£40m. Based on how he's started this season - definitely much closer to £40m.

Proven PL output and years left on a contract will demand a v. good fee and we should know that. We would've valued Maxi around the same pre-takeover with lower output (although younger with a longer contract).

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

To Leeds? It was always going to be  £35m-£40m. Based on how he's started this season - definitely much closer to £40m.

Proven PL output and years left on a contract will demand a v. good fee and we should know that. We would've valued Maxi around the same pre-takeover with lower output (although younger with a longer contract).

I'm just talking objectively. Leeds don't need to sell and he's now their most creative outlet which will only add to the price. They can rightfully ask for silly cash.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's been class in all of their games so far this season tbh.

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

My Leeds mate told me that Philips did close to nothing last season, and Roca / Adams are making such an impact that they don’t miss Philips for one second.

Rodrigo is on fire as well. I know it’s early days but with some luck they could really make it

Top 8 or top 10 will be defined by which team avoids injury to key players.

If Wilson or ASM get lengthy injuries we won't be finishing top 8. Likewise with Harrison and Rodrigo for Leeds or Rice and Bowen for West Ham etc.

Our squad is better than Leeds imo but there really isn't much in it squad wise between us, West Ham, Leicester, Villa and maybe even Man Utd. So much will depend on who can keep their best players fit.

7 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Top 8 or top 10 will be defined by which team avoids injury to key players.

If Wilson or ASM get lengthy injuries we won't be finishing top 8. Likewise with Harrison and Rodrigo for Leeds or Rice and Bowen for West Ham etc.

Our squad is better than Leeds imo but there really isn't much in it squad wise between us, West Ham, Leicester, Villa and maybe even Man Utd. So much will depend on who can keep their best players fit.

Man U are struggling with poor motivation poor management bad structure, overpaid players etc. but their squad should be a shoo-in for top 6 even top 4. The squads aren’t comparable in that sense.

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Man U are struggling with poor motivation poor management bad structure, overpaid players etc. but their squad should be a shoo-in for top 6 even top 4. The squads aren’t comparable in that sense.

Really? I wouldn't take any of the defenders they have on their books over ours.

I'd then expect Bruno, Joelinton and Wilson all to make their first 11.