Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I'm sure Motson was a good at one point, but he has lost his marbles over the past decade or so.

He was excellent in the 1980's commentating on two of my favourite games Italy 3 Brazil 2 in 1982 WC and France 3 Portugal 2 in 1984 EC. As time went on I preferred Barry Davies.

Guest firetotheworks

José's the best left back I've seen at Newcastle and although the way he left was a bit sour, he was absolutely right about the way that the club was and is run, even if us finishing 5th straight away momentarily made him look like he was talking shite.

Cracking footballer and we'll all have some great memories of him. One on one in particular he was colossal, it was only really Sturridge when he was at Bolton who I ever saw truly outfox him.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah right, that'll be why he tried to force a move to West Ham then ;)

3 clubs in 10 years vs 6 clubs in 9 years as well, hmm.

I'm sure Motson was a good at one point, but he has lost his marbles over the past decade or so.

He was excellent in the 1980's commentating on two of my favourite games Italy 3 Brazil 2 in 1982 WC and France 3 Portugal 2 in 1984 EC. As time went on I preferred Barry Davies.

He was certainly better in the 80s but I always preferred Davies, Brian Moore and Coleman before him.

Ah right, that'll be why he tried to force a move to West Ham then ;)

3 clubs in 10 years vs 6 clubs in 9 years as well, hmm.

Still lives round here doesn't he? Anyway, I know which I'll remember more fondly.

Good day for retirements mind with Sheepskin going. Hopefully they can bin off Ronnie Radford with him :yao:

Guest firetotheworks

Enrique was pretty ordinary from an attacking point of view, that's what edges it for me.

You reckon? Always thought his attacking play was very good. He had a cracking cross on him as well. It probably helps that Bernard and Beresford had Cole, Beardsley, Ginola, Ferdinand, and then Robert, Bellamy, and Shearer to work with rather than the likes of Carroll, Lovenkrands, and Best, like.