Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Also, La Liga is far from Real Madrid and Barça's stooge. They only have 3 out of 42 votes in the council, and the other clubs have used that often to advance their interests (like the new shared TV deal, which is hurting Barça and Madrid quite a bit at the moment), when they manage to unite.

The president is a self-confessed Real Madrid fan, but his actual power is mostly ambassadorial.

Tbf out of all the days to have a 7:45 kick off a Saturday is probably the best.

It's still fucking over away fans, there'd be almost none if any public transport on after a 7:45pm Saturday game. They should just televise 3pms like they do everywhere else in the world, all of the cameras, commentators et al are there.

What foreign market is the 7.45 kick offs aimed at? Has to be American, too late for the Asian market which I would have thought was bigger.

I don't see how it's aimed at Americans as a whole.

East coast has been fine with getting up early for saturday kickoffs - 7:45AM / 10AM /12:30PM adjusted for time zones - already. Possibly west coast watchers, as they're a further 3 hours behind, would benefit from a move to a later kickoff.

So that would be an insane thing to cater to a subset of an already non-dominant market.

edit: I don't see it being a good move to draw in new viewers as saturday sports watching is fairly fucking dominated by college football already.

What foreign market is the 7.45 kick offs aimed at? Has to be American, too late for the Asian market which I would have thought was bigger.

2:45am or 3:45am in China depending on the time of year.  Will be similar for most Asian countries give or take an hour or two so I doubt it's for us.  Would be around lunchtime in the US I think which is a bit of a shit time for them too.  Could be aiming for the Saturday night pub crowd I suppose. 

Still fucking stupid.

For what it's worth, 19.45 (20.45 local time) is *the* KO time for La Liga. Usually one of Real Madrid and Barça will always play there.

I think what's happening is something similar to what happened to us. Rather than appealing to a particular market, they want to spread out the games as much as possible to avoid overlaps and maximize total audience. The PL still has many games being played at the same time, something that almost never happens in La Liga anymore (which pisses fans off as their games get moved to shitty KO times).

It's becoming more and more geared towards the foreign market like, that'd be 4 games in a row on telly abroad on some Saturdays.

In Canada we have TSN and Sportsnet showing all the games live, TSN have 5 channels and Sportsnet 4, that's 9 channels available to show the games concurrently, plus their web sites. On a Saturday morning (3pm UK time) all the games are shown live on one of their channels. There's certainly not a lack or need to adjust the schedule to fit more live games in. It is probably more geared to increasing viewership, although during American Football season there would be more competition for viewers for the college games which usually start around that time.   

For what it's worth, 19.45 (20.45 local time) is *the* KO time for La Liga. Usually one of Real Madrid and Barça will always play there.

I think what's happening is something similar to what happened to us. Rather than appealing to a particular market, they want to spread out the games as much as possible to avoid overlaps and maximize total audience. The PL still has many games being played at the same time, something that almost never happens in La Liga anymore (which pisses fans off as their games get moved to shitty KO times).

As an armchair fan it's great.

8pm on a Sunday, usually home watching La Liga superb. I often miss all the live PL stuff - Saturdays enjoying life, Sundays afternoon enjoying life... not much goes on in the UK at 7pm on a Sunday.