Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Really bad for that first goal. The Miskick was bad but understandable but the block? It was pathetic.  No closing down. Turns his back. 

I like the lad. But he needs to play with conviction and commitment. 

Yes, unforgivable in my eyes. Losing the ball is part of the game, the lack of effort to even close that shot down is a joke. If I was Howe I’d pull that footage and absolutely shame him over that. Unacceptable at any level never mind the elite 

30 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Yes, unforgivable in my eyes. Losing the ball is part of the game, the lack of effort to even close that shot down is a joke. If I was Howe I’d pull that footage and absolutely shame him over that. Unacceptable at any level never mind the elite 

Probably a good thing that you're not employed as a manager then

25 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Probably a good thing that you're not employed as a manager then

Lol, they absolutely will be pulling him up on that in analysis. But go off, king ?. I am employed in professional football, unlike you though. 

Edited by Sempiternal

24 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Shame him :lol:  ah yes. Please shame the lad. 

Please educate me more on what happens in pro football, I’m sure you know more than me. He will be getting dragged for that, without doubt. Thankfully elite level sport holds people accountable for the stuff they do on the pitch 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Alan Pardew was a paid professional. Rein it in man, howeh :lol:

Yes, mainly because he played football at professional level. If you don’t think that’s getting pulled up in team meetings, dunno what to tell you ?‍♂️. People have been dragged for far less transgressions than that. 

What does “pull” up mean to you? Or “dragged”? Is it a simple hey Sandro, look at this - you need to do better here or is it “hey EVERYONE, Look at this prick’s mistake?”

Do you think Eddie Howe is going to tear into Sandro Tonali for missing a clearance and then jogging out to block a shot that got fumbled by our keeper directly into the path of the Brighton striker? Will he tear into Nick Pope for not passing it to trippier short, or booting it out to touch too? Just curious since you work in football. 

Edited by Kanji

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Yes, mainly because he played football at professional level. If you don’t think that’s getting pulled up in team meetings, dunno what to tell you ?‍♂️. People have been dragged for far less transgressions than that. 

It's the call to authority that I'm on about. Good for you that you work in pro football, doesn't mean you're automatucally right about anything to do with football.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

What does “pull” up mean to you? Or “dragged”? Is it a simple hey Sandro, look at this - you need to do better here or is it “hey EVERYONE, Look at this prick’s mistake?”

Do you think Eddie Howe is going to tear into Sandro Tonali for missing a clearance and then jogging out to block a shot that got fumbled by our keeper directly into the path of the Brighton striker? Will he tear into Nick Pope for not passing it to trippier short, or booting it out to touch too? Just curious since you work in football. 

Yeah, he will tell him it’s unacceptable, because it patently is at this level, you can’t allow players to give minimum effort like that, not at this level. Tonali is a good player, but there’s absolutely no way he won’t be dressing him down 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's the call to authority that I'm on about. Good for you that you work in pro football, doesn't mean you automatucally know more.

? whatever you think. Call to authority is the dumbest fallacy of all time. If people can’t speak with authority on stuff they actually know, then what’s the point of having any insight into anything at all then is there? I’m telling you that’s what happens, not that I know more about football than anyone else, disco has far more reaching knowledge than me. I’m just telling you that’s what happens. They’ll pull the footage and tell him it’s not acceptable, how that’s controversial I don’t know

He deserves a bollocking for that for sure. I would hope he did at half time. Don’t know outside of half time if doing it in front of the squad is the go to. But we are a team that needs committed players. 

Say what you like about Longstaff. He does way better in that situation.  All newbies should play with the same application as the lads they’ve taken the shirt from. I give Miggy a lot of stick but whoever we sign to replace him needs to sit and watch his Miggy applies himself. That’s the standard. 

We can’t outspend our rivals. We need to be smarter but also work harder. We did that last season. Sandro needs to play to that level. 

3 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

? whatever you think. Call to authority is the dumbest fallacy of all time. If people can’t speak with authority on stuff they actually know, then what’s the point of having any insight into anything at all then is there? I’m telling you that’s what happens, not that I know more about football than anyone else, disco has far more reaching knowledge than me. I’m just telling you that’s what happens. They’ll pull the footage and tell him it’s not acceptable, how that’s controversial I don’t know

A fallacy when it suits I imagine. You were talking about shaming him, nowt to do with any insight you might have.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

But pal, you said shame him. Just don’t see that ever being Eddie’s style nor is that actually productive to most human beings is all. 

You hear stories of that happening all the time. Players getting digged out in front of the group. These aren’t middle aged IT professionals. These are young men in a highly competitive environment most of which are accustomed to being shouted at by their managers.  

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

But pal, you said shame him. Just don’t see that ever being Eddie’s style nor is that actually productive to most human beings is all. 

Not publicly no, but he will absolutely pull him up on it, what is the alternative? He’s a well paid professional, if he can’t handle being told he’s done something wrong then he should hang up the boots. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

You hear stories of that happening all the time. Players getting digged out in front of the group. These aren’t middle aged IT professionals. These are young men in a highly competitive environment most of which are accustomed to being shouted at by their managers.  

It’s literally the norm, i don’t see how that’s even remotely controversial. It’s how you keep standards high in elite sporting environments. They aren’t children. 

8 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Anyone who has ever sat in a film room after a game knows this is what will happen.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

A fallacy when it suits I imagine. You were talking about shaming him, nowt to do with any insight you might have.

That first sentence doesn’t mean anything tbf. Shaming him/telling him off it’s just semantics. He will be told it’s unacceptable, and he should be. He’s a pro, he can handle it 

Just now, bobloblaw said:

Anyone who has ever sat in a film room after a game knows this is what will happen.

Of course it is, Tonali is big boy, he can handle it. He needs to know that level of effort is completely unacceptable. Pep pretty much does it publicly, like he did with Phillips. That’s just how it is. 

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

That first sentence doesn’t mean anything tbf. Shaming him/telling him off it’s just semantics. He will be told it’s unacceptable, and he should be. He’s a pro, he can handle it 

It means a lot actually. You're just now apparently trying to change the goalposts instead of saying that you maybe could have worded it better.