NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

It's not the worst deal, but it's not really a great deal either. We're essentially hoping that DCL can get up and running again where as it seems a lot of clubs are fans of Mintehs potential. Somehow I think we will look back at this and think we should have kept him.

It’s all kind of relative to how the club progresses though.

If you take Chelsea as an example. They pied off De Bruyne and Salah, who’ve gone on to become elite, world-level players. On the face of it, massive errors by Chelsea. But how many trophies did they win anyway? Would those two players have progressed like they did?

Obviously we’re not (yet) in the position Chelsea were in, but if we go on to be successful (decide on your own definition of that) and get in a RW who establishes themselves, will we end up being that bothered?

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Surely there's no chance they'd do that? They'd certainly value Pedro far higher.

You’re talking to the guy who always felt that ABBA would get back together for one more album. 40 years later it happened 🙂

If we could get 10/12m and DCL that would be a good deal.

Means we've strengthened our forward area and given ourselves scope to sign more players.

Of course I live in a world where DCL isn't the devil incarnate and Minteh isn't the messiah. 

Edited by STM

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You’re talking to the guy who always felt that ABBA would get back together for one more album. 40 years later it happened 🙂

:lol:

I'm doing a "guess which poster said it" round in the next forum quiz. I'll use this as a warm-up.

1 hour ago, STM said:

If we could get 10/12m and DCL that would be a good deal.

Means we've strengthened our forward area and given ourselves scope to sign more players.

Of course I live in a world where DCL isn't the devil incarnate and Minteh isn't the messiah. 

Presumably one where Wilson also stays, as DCL isn’t as good as him.

Edited by Matt1892

1 hour ago, Menace said:

It's not the worst deal, but it's not really a great deal either. We're essentially hoping that DCL can get up and running again where as it seems a lot of clubs are fans of Mintehs potential. Somehow I think we will look back at this and think we should have kept him.

A few things give a clue to Minteh's potential.

A video where he showed good finishing ability, albeit that is subjective and highlight videos can only tell you so much

Arne Slot rates him and was sniffing around, that gives you first hand knowledge

Lyon have bid big money for him although the £40m mentioned seems ridiculously high

He's actually played CL football and done well

30 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Presumably one where Wilson also stays, as DCL isn’t as good as him.

He's younger, has better fitness record (albeit not great) and if Howe can reignite his previous form, a very good striker and an able deputy to DCL. 

There's no world where we should be keeping Callum Wilson. 

Hypothetically if we wanted to do a straight swap with Everton, could both clubs not just buy each player for 30M. The sales would be profit and they could be bought amortised. That would theoretically give both clubs a significant boost to PSR wiggle room?

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Hypothetically if we wanted to do a straight swap with Everton, could both clubs not just buy each player for 30M. The sales would be profit and they could be bought amortised. That would theoretically give both clubs a significant boost to PSR wiggle room?

That's basically what is happening. None of these deals are actually swap deals as such.

Minteh has been compared to Sadio Mane - both on the eye test and on the data. Bona fide wonderkid. 

That means he could develop into a beast of a striker, who finishes. All that while operating from our weakest position, RW. A Salah, a Palmer, a Saka. These are obviously the best in the PL and this is all hopeful hype. 

I would prefer we let either or any of the following leave for PSR (providing replacements are sourced before the season starts):

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

The only untouchables for me: 

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Miley, Kelly, Hall, Livramento, Schar

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Minteh has been compared to Sadio Mane - both on the eye test and on the data. Bona fide wonderkid. 

That means he could develop into a beast of a striker, who finishes. All that while operating from our weakest position, RW. A Salah, a Palmer, a Saka. These are obviously the best in the PL and this is all hopeful hype. 

I would prefer we let either or any of the following leave for PSR (providing replacements are sourced before the season starts):

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

The only untouchables for me: 

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Miley, Kelly, Hall, Livramento, Schar

Joelinton?