Bubble travel the way forward?

Sid

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not much response to this. Take it drinking beforehand is more important than the actual travel arrangements themselves.

Apparently only 9 related arrests. 5 at ground and 4 elsewhere in the region…

https://x.com/newcastle_world/status/1744690485443088472?s=61&t=kJE1AU_9T9TvzyV_ebeY8Q

Ok I’ll answer no I wouldn’t be happy with a 2 pint limit for similar reasons I am

opposed to bubble trip conditions. They’re restrictions on freedom and I believe if these aren’t challenged then it becomes easier for law enforcement, the government (or whoever) to become increasingly authoritarian. 

I’m old school and see a day out as young hand in hand with following the lads (especially away). Travelled all over Europe and England  (including numerous away matches at RP and the SOL) and probably seen more crap football than good but have had some great times with people who I’m glad are no long standing friends.

I get football has changed and even in the 80s and 90s there were fans who’d get the official supporters coaches to away that would bus you straight in and out with a zero tolerance for alcohol onboard. But whilst I would never criticise this subset of fans choice I’d hope they’d equally respect mine. 

I’ve never been arrested at a game despite seeing plenty of bother over the years but have backed the lads albeit maybe in a more boisterous manner than most like these days. 

It will be interesting to see the arrangements if we ever okay them in a league game with a reduced allocation. 

2 hours ago, Checko said:

What if people were to be transported to games in giant vats of alcoholic bubble tea?

Probably go down well with some of our the younger fans - will they be able to do balloons and ket spoons in there?

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

Ok I’ll answer no I wouldn’t be happy with a 2 pint limit for similar reasons I am

opposed to bubble trip conditions. They’re restrictions on freedom and I believe if these aren’t challenged then it becomes easier for law enforcement, the government (or whoever) to become increasingly authoritarian. 

I’m old school and see a day out as young hand in hand with following the lads (especially away). Travelled all over Europe and England  (including numerous away matches at RP and the SOL) and probably seen more crap football than good but have had some great times with people who I’m glad are no long standing friends.

I get football has changed and even in the 80s and 90s there were fans who’d get the official supporters coaches to away that would bus you straight in and out with a zero tolerance for alcohol onboard. But whilst I would never criticise this subset of fans choice I’d hope they’d equally respect mine. 

I’ve never been arrested at a game despite seeing plenty of bother over the years but have backed the lads albeit maybe in a more boisterous manner than most like these days. 

It will be interesting to see the arrangements if we ever okay them in a league game with a reduced allocation. 

But you could do all that. You’d just not be able before you get in the ground to have more than 2 pints. Which for a 12:45 KO and an hour journey time approx would seem proportional for that time of day. Then drink further at game and after. Not much of a restriction to freedom would you not agree? 

On 08/01/2024 at 13:14, LFEE said:

pose a question to those not happy with it… would you trade off the bubble bus for free reign to make your own way there knowing you had to take and pass a alcohol test (equivalent of 2 pints) outside the turnstile's to gain access to the ground?

I love beer as much if not more than anyone. But I've never, ever understood those who get wasted before a match.

I don't think I've ever had more than one beer before a match. I want to enjoy it, remember it, not have to rush off after 20 minutes for a piss and so on. You've paid a lot to watch this, why would you want to watch it hammered? And probably barely remember big chunks of it? Just baffles me. 

Now after the game, sure I'll be all over the beer. But never before. I don't need it to sing either, I'm as noisy as anyone whilst sober.